General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't understand the Goldwing references

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I don't understand the Goldwing references

ORIGINAL: Twolf

87Lowrider, didja miss alla the "JUST KIDDING" smileys? BTW, I didn't have the sound on.

Forgive me for being humorous...

There's always someone who is a better pool shooter, better rider, or faster on the draw.

Enuf already...

First off I wasn't replying to you,,,,,,,,second that bike in no way sounded like a Harley.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:30 PM
deermasher
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

years ago when i was in my early 20's i had a 1984 GW aspencade. it was a great bike for me back then. i took a 2 week trip on it and covered 6,250 miles most of the states west of the mississippi river i covered on that trip. never had any trouble with that bike at all. now days i'm in my 40's and getting back into riding again now that my boyz are raised . i got me a sportster and looking to the day that i can get me a EG classic so i can finish up the rest of the states east of the mississippi.....i will say that after owning both brands that i like the laid back tudes of the harley riders over alot of the uptight GW riders.........

Old 08-26-2007, 03:19 PM
EricVonZipper
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang, deermasher- probably not my business, but if it were me, I might consider a different nickname for a biker forum.

Deermasher just sounds like it's pressing luck. Bad karma, if you will.

One of the last things I wanna do, on a motorcycle, is mash a deer in any shape, form, or fashion whatsoever.

JMO

Old 08-26-2007, 05:20 PM
deermasher
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: EricVonZipper

dang, deermasher- probably not my business, but if it were me, I might consider a different nickname for a biker forum.

Deermasher just sounds like it's pressing luck. Bad karma, if you will.

One of the last things I wanna do, on a motorcycle, is mash a deer in any shape, form, or fashion whatsoever.

JMO

i've had that signature for along time from years of bowhunting, and on archery forums. i really tried to think of a new one for on here but nothing really came to mind. i really hate the idea of ever hitting one on a bike but i love putting a mash'in on them with my mathews or my benelli for that matter......

Old 08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

I have owned 7 harleys and 7 Honda's over the years, and still have one of each.
My Goldwing is a totally different experience than the Harley EG, lots smoother, but NOT as
much fun. I might add that since I got my EG, the Goldwing has not been
used much...

Rags

Old 08-26-2007, 10:35 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the yellow GW in that video was Yellow Wolf ... a guy who video tapes other riders on the dragon (for a fee, of course). I think that video was part of his original website (which seems to be down now), and was used as promotion for his work.

Those that have ridden the Dragon much have probably seen him. Last time I was there he was shooting with a couple HD riders. They tore through some of the corners pretty good and that big yellow GW kept right up with them. Of course I think a lot of it has to do with the rider and not just the bike.

As for bashing of one brand or another, I've had several great bikes over the last few years, and this is my first HD in more than 10 years. In that time I was on the GL1800 board when I had a GW, and on the VTX board when I had a VTX. Also on the Roadliner board when I had one of those ... and in every case there was a cleargroup that seemed to be determined to bash Harley (or other brands).

Funny thing is that there seems to be just as much chatter here about metrics as there is on the metric boards about HDs.

For the most part, I'd say that each group has its share of folks who just love to bash other bikes. But I think they're a minority. Most riders I associate with just seem to enjoy the bike, no matter what brand. I wouldn't say there is more or less bashing going on here, though there is some good natured ribbing that just seems to go along with the territory.