General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats your favourite harley based movie ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:39 AM
coldbeerpirate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats your favourite harley based movie ?

I hope I'm right on this title. ( Born Losers?) It starred William Smith along with a few others who were a biker gang recruited to go to southeast asia to rescue POW's. They ride their bikes and trikes into a POW camp. All the bikes were loaded with rockets and such.
Forgive if I'm wrong with the title, but still remember the movie.

I found it, It's called Losers, sorry
http://www.movieposter.com/poster/A70-4337/Losers.html

Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 AM
coldbeerpirate
Cruiser

Found the poster

[IMG]local://upfiles/32923/238BD8A25D404DA6BEF6D55DA39F6BC5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/32923/BD94373ECB814E1C95AF85994E4DC303.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think Wild Hogs was a great movie ... Mostly because I could identify each character with someone that I know. I hang with some pretty goofy characters. God bless their pointy little heads! They definately make me laugh.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:28 PM
lbjohnson1
Road Master

Liked Harley-Davidson and the Marlboro Man, Beyond the Law, Stone Cold etc. There is one movie I haven't seen mentioned - Biker Boys, even though it is mostly sportbikes there are a few Harley's in it including the one riden by Kid Rock.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Joe376
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This came in yesterday from Amazon. Never heard of it before and Im thinking I just saw it on a Amazon search for biker movies. It’s a VHS so I gotta bust out the ol VCR and plug her in. I may watch it here in a bit and let yall know how it is. If anyone knows how to get a decent VHS-digital transfer, Ive got this spiffy computer here that’ll do it, if I can figure out how to do it. : )

Old 08-11-2007, 11:45 PM
CornbredNE
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Tripper

I gotta say that "The Wild One," (1953) with Lee Marvin and Marlon Brandois my alltime favorite.
I was wondering how far down this thread we were going to get before someone mentioned The Wild One...I bought it a month or so back on DVD...it was great, and of course Electra Glide in Blue is a must (especially since I'm a LEO).

David

Old 08-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Joe376
Cruiser

OK, in case anyone was at all interested, "Running Cool" is probably the best Harley based movie Ive seen yet and Ive seen a lot of em. Decent story, decent acting (plenty of faces Ive seen before) and probably, as far as I know : ), the best biker culture respresentation yet. Its not on DVD, VHS only but if youre into biker movies, this is worth finding.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anybody mention "Masters of Menace"? ...funny as hell! I've seen and/or own just about all the movies listed here.My vote is for Mask.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Mongo40
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess if I had to choose a favorite it would be Worlds Fastest Indian and Mask, but I got to tell you guys about a crazy one I watched late one nite here recently, I can't remember the name but it was something like Lady on Bike I think, it was late an I was with my cousin Jack so give me a little brake, anyway, this was one crazy assed movie, about some loony blonde gal in a skin tight leather jumpsuit living in England but riding a sweet old shovel, she's married to a boring school teacher so she gets up early and takes off on her shovel in England mind you and rides to Heidelburg Germany to bang her boyfriend for the weekend, she rides the hell out of that shovel and pulls over and sleeps on a bench in a park, one crazy movie, I couldn't watch the whole thing, cause she talks all through it about her feelings and ****, best way to watch it was mute. Maybe somebody else on here has seen it and remembers the name. Later

Old 08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Ozarkryder
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: coldbeerpirate

I hope I'm right on this title. ( Born Losers?) It starred William Smith along with a few others who were a biker gang recruited to go to southeast asia to rescue POW's. They ride their bikes and trikes into a POW camp. All the bikes were loaded with rockets and such.
Forgive if I'm wrong with the title, but still remember the movie.

I found it, It's called Losers, sorry
http://www.movieposter.com/poster/A70-4337/Losers.html
Was wondering if someone was going to mention "Born Losers" - the original Billy Jack movie. Can't rememberher name, (It's been a while since I've watched it) but the female lead also wrote the screenplay, and Tom Laughlin (Billy Jack) directed. I agree with Donny about "Masters of Menace" - I think it is funnier than "Wild Hogs".

Quick Reply: whats your favourite harley based movie ?