General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the thumbs up this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007 | 11:23 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Got the thumbs up this morning.

WTG Bluerose, you rock

Old 07-27-2007 | 02:12 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior

Blue rose: She doesn't like bagger or the big Harleys but didn't want to ride anthing else. The Hugger made sense as she really did like the bike. It was fast though SE Carb/AC/jetted and she did ride it in first by herself but I think she was afraid to get to 2nd. She did get home a bit ago and we were talking about our plans for Mountainfest this weekend and looking at parts I will be getting & she was talking about wanting to ride my Shadow.She likes that it's lower & lighter than the Harleys but she wants me to paint it so it doesn't say Shadow on the tank. I like the Silver[8D]She knew when I got my Sportster finally that I was gonna drop it and make a solo type bike out of it. But she is enjoying riding more than she thought even though she doesn't want to go onany real long rides,maybe a 1 hour,one way tripis about max for her in which my bike works just fine for it but a SFTC would be more practical if she decides not to ride her own but then there goes my Sportsterwhich I would rather have but the way I want it & not spend the extra $10K for a bigger bike I don't really want[&:]Oh yes plus she won't quit stepping on my pipes[&o]
Her 89'

Old 07-27-2007 | 02:44 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

I agree completely.

ORIGINAL: Cigar Aggie

I think you Harley Ladies are HOT! Just my humble opinion....working on mine to get her up and going.....

Old 07-27-2007 | 02:44 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Weezie30

ORIGINAL: Tripper

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Weezie30

When I ride to work there is no way you can tell there is a woman anywhere around. I'm completly covered head to toe. I wear my full leathers, face mask and helmet. Coming home is a different story. Lets just say that truckers love me!
When I commute during the winter I wear Jacket/ chaps/ boots/ helmet/gloves....During the summer I wear Jeans without thechaps but everything else. I'm covered head to toe.

I have long hair sticking out so that might be it....
Uhm, long hair or not there is something distinctive about the female form that is a dead give away to those of us who know the difference. Vive Le Difference!
All I know is that I get a lot more attention in the afternoon's when I'm forced down to the bare minimum. My jacket is big now that I've lost 45 pounds, so I wouldn't be suprised if you had a hard time telling that I'm girl under all that leather. Plus in the morning the hair goes down the back of the jacket so it's not to scrambled for work. Plus I wear two sweat shirts under the jacket, I don't like to be cold in the morning and it can be kinda damp ridding through the country past all the irrigated feilds.

Irrigated fields?

Are you talking about riding your Harley or your John Deere?

Either way, good for you. [sm=deal.gif]

Old 07-27-2007 | 03:25 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, for whatever reason I can't upload a picture to this site. Vesta has had people pull up next to her and take a picture. Might be the spiked helmet (kids love it), license plate HOGETE, or a 55 year old woman on a Harley. She loves the attention, and we have a good time with it.

Old 07-27-2007 | 03:54 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

mmmmmmmmmmmm Chicks on Harleys.......... droool....[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 07-27-2007 | 03:59 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

No matter what anyone says sportys are not girl bikes! While some love them I personally found them top heavy and went for a lower cruiser. Maybe it was just the wrong bike for her.
I absolutely agree with you! My mom has an '03 1200, and has dropped it numerous times. Yes, she's a new rider, but I think a lot of it is the Sporty. Her boyfriend had it lowered for her, and she's much more comfortable with it since then. I've ridden that bike, too, and it is way too top-heavy for me.

Old 07-27-2007 | 04:35 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Cool "Rosa Azul" ! Take good care.

Mimo.