General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the thumbs up this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007 | 02:56 PM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master
Default RE: Got the thumbs up this morning.

Hey, I have long hair sticking out and all I ever get is sneers.

Old 07-26-2007 | 06:03 PM
akenaten
Banned

Sista's be doin it fo theyselves![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-26-2007 | 06:35 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Weezie30

When I ride to work there is no way you can tell there is a woman anywhere around. I'm completly covered head to toe. I wear my full leathers, face mask and helmet. Coming home is a different story. Lets just say that truckers love me!
When I commute during the winter I wear Jacket/ chaps/ boots/ helmet/gloves....During the summer I wear Jeans without thechaps but everything else. I'm covered head to toe.

I have long hair sticking out so that might be it....
Uhm, long hair or not there is something distinctive about the female form that is a dead give away to those of us who know the difference. Vive Le Difference!

Old 07-26-2007 | 06:50 PM
Weezie30
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Tripper

When I ride to work there is no way you can tell there is a woman anywhere around. I'm completly covered head to toe. I wear my full leathers, face mask and helmet. Coming home is a different story. Lets just say that truckers love me!
When I commute during the winter I wear Jacket/ chaps/ boots/ helmet/gloves....During the summer I wear Jeans without thechaps but everything else. I'm covered head to toe.

Uhm, long hair or not there is something distinctive about the female form that is a dead give away to those of us who know the difference. Vive Le Difference!
All I know is that I get a lot more attention in the afternoon's when I'm forced down to the bare minimum. My jacket is big now that I've lost 45 pounds, so I wouldn't be suprised if you had a hard time telling that I'm girl under all that leather. Plus in the morning the hair goes down the back of the jacket so it's not to scrambled for work. Plus I wear two sweat shirts under the jacket, I don't like to be cold in the morning and it can be kinda damp ridding through the country past all the irrigated feilds.

Old 07-26-2007 | 06:53 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp

Shortly after I first started riding last year, right after I got my bike, that happened to me, too. Young lady in a car stopped beside me at a traffic light grinning real big giving me two thumbs up. I just smiled and nodded back.

The reactions I get when I'm out riding sometimes, especially if I'm by myself, crack me up.

Old 07-26-2007 | 07:06 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Tripper

All I know is that I get a lot more attention in the afternoon's when I'm forced down to the bare minimum. My jacket is big now that I've lost 45 pounds, so I wouldn't be suprised if you had a hard time telling that I'm girl under all that leather. Plus in the morning the hair goes down the back of the jacket so it's not to scrambled for work. Plus I wear two sweat shirts under the jacket, I don't like to be cold in the morning and it can be kinda damp ridding through the country past all the irrigated feilds.
In case you havn't noticed, many, many guys are not very discerning. I'm not 100% but I am usually able to recognize a female rider even when others can't. I've even surprised my wife on occasion about the suspected sex of another rider. [sm=icon_beat.gif] <-- guess who?[:@]

Old 07-26-2007 | 07:45 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

I think it's cool... Ride on!

Old 07-26-2007 | 09:14 PM
Navychief
Road Warrior

Old 07-26-2007 | 09:50 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior

I bought a Sportster for Dawn's B-day and she traded it for a Convert. & some cash[&o]A little good sign from her is she has been sitting on my new Shadow and has been saying she likes how low it is and may give it a shotShe likes seeing other women ride so I make sure my bud Scott and his wife who rides her own ride with us alot to set it in her head she can do it to! Hopefully she will so I can drop it to a 10"suspension & take the couch offand solo my bike up the way I want it for now she is riding on the back[8D]

Old 07-26-2007 | 11:06 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: twisty571

I bought a Sportster for Dawn's B-day and she traded it for a Convert. & some cash[&o]A little good sign from her is she has been sitting on my new Shadow and has been saying she likes how low it is and may give it a shotShe likes seeing other women ride so I make sure my bud Scott and his wife who rides her own ride with us alot to set it in her head she can do it to! Hopefully she will so I can drop it to a 10"suspension & take the couch offand solo my bike up the way I want it for now she is riding on the back[8D]
No matter what anyone says sportys are not girl bikes! While some love them I personally found them top heavy and went for a lower cruiser. Maybe it was just the wrong bike for her.

Quick Reply: Got the thumbs up this morning.