General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Wiley-X Eyewear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone use Wiley-X Eyewear?

I have a set of Rx Wiley's and they're great. I liked them so much that I bought a pair of the light adjusting lenses this Spring and can't say enough good things about them either. Yes, I like my Wiley's

Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a couple of pair. To me the ones that change were not dark enough during the day so I went with two pair, clear and dark. I ride west home from work into the setting sun so that may have been why the changable wasn't enough. After time I had perscription lense put in the dark, that worked out well too. Good quality, fit my fat face well

Old 07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
06flstf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pair of Bobster Raptor II's with Rx transitions lenses (also came with two tinted non rx lenses). The reps at Wiley said that the SG-1 were for a med to large head and the Bobster's were for a small to med head - plus the cost of the Bobster's was much less than the Wileys. So far they seem to work ok. They do get pretty dark but haven't tried them in direct sun yet. Here in Ohio we don't always get allot of that big ball of light in the sky.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the SG-1 with polarized dark prescription lenses. I love mine and they will fog up. In fact, the last rain storm I was caught in they fogged up big time.

I like them so much that I have decided to get another pair with amber lenses for night and fog riding. I just don’t want to keep swapping out the lenses. And as stated above, you can find them at reasonably discounted prices on the internet. For me, the real costs are the prescription lenses.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiley X's are all I've used for years, great glasses, but like everyone saidabout the LA lenses, they don't get dark enough. I keep an old pair of W X's with the changable lenses with me, for days that are too sunny (if there is such a thing)

Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

I have 2 sets both XL-1 RX with removable foam.
One set has light adjusting (LA) lens the other is dark all the time.
I am very pleased with them.
I actually never use the foam.

I managed to get them thru my insurance so I got 100.00 dollars off.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
MikesWideGlide98
Intermediate

Bought the Blink Light Adjusting last year. Really liked the ability to convert from goggle to sunglass, and that i didnt need extra lenses. Its true they dont get super dark, but they DID get dark enough. I say DID because for some unknown reason they recently stopped adjusting. Called Wiley-x I have to pay to ship them there and ship them back so they can look at them and tell me if its a warranty issue...super. They said it most likely is, but not only do i have to pay more money for their screw up, ill be without glasses for 3 weeks. Not sure if i would reccomened them, also i agree they fog up quite a bit, even in warm weather, and in the cold forget about it, at a light then just turn smoked, but they do clear fairly quick.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

Used them in Iraq......decent, but are still lacking though.

Over time, the foam will begin to tear apart from the glasses. Not a big deal......but it will happen eventually.

The frames are loose and floppy....annoying yes! However, the design proves durable and nearly unbreakable.

They can and almost always fog up......however, fogging greatly depends on how tight they are against the face.

I have stated the cons, but I must say they do work very well. What other glasses can be made into goggles in just minutes? One pair is the way to go though, just purchase clear lenses and dark lenses. I do and wear the Wiley glasses, but at night....I usually wear amber/yellow safety glasses.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:45 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought some from body spex. They are awsome. Only downside was the dark lenses have a blue tint looking at them. I hate blue. Other than that, they are great. Came with clear, yellow and tinted. Also has a strap to remove the arms and make them goggles. Also, the rubber wind sealer part is removable. Which is really nice for those time you stop, and want to walk around with shades on. I found that keeping the rubber in, when not riding, made my face around my eyes sweat. They were cheap. I got them at Barnett's in El Paso for less than $40. Not bad at all for the versatility of them. Like I said, only thing I would change is the blue tint. I hate blue. LOL

Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain

I bought Panoptyx and they are great, change from day to night and no need to frig around with different lenses or carrying two pairs!

That said I live in the UK and we dont know what sun is here

Unless the sun is really really really bright they are a great deal even for $200