Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Fork Harley-Davidson Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 11:32 AM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by soldierbot
I spotted this long fork chopper a few months back, This one is functional to ride and sure got the looks from everyone around.

I never had one that long or as long as the one in the OP, but I have had a couple of pretty radical chops. Both of them were suicide clutches like this one too. It's been close to 35 years since I had one anywhere near that radical, but I honestly believe I could jump on either of the rads in this thread and be comfortable and confident riding them within half an hour or so.

I'm not real big on categorizing people into adversarial groups, and I don't want to start any arguments here, but if I had never ridden and/or owned a chopper, even in my distant past, I'd never refer to myself as a "biker." Back in my day, a full club patch wasn't needed to qualify as a biker, or at least I was never challenged about it on the weekend camping runs and/or at Sturgis that I attended regularly when I was riding one of my chops with patches on my vest making reference to being a biker, like, "Biker for Life" or something like that. Choppers were a kind of right of passage back in the day, kinda like putting thousands of miles riding a rigid frame was, or having ape-hangers or long pull-backs or going without turn signals or front fenders. I fulfilled all my rights of passage long before I turned 30, which is why I can ride a Twinkie today and not feel insulted by someone denigrating them as something less than a biker's ride. LOL

Blues

Old 06-23-2020, 12:51 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Cap77
I think it's cool for what it is
but curious, with the lack of lubrication, how long could that motor actually run without damage ?

..L.TA.
Exactly how long it ran in the video.

The following users liked this post:
Cap77 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 04:59 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

How the hell can you run a motor on 2 oz of oil?
That motor is sweet though, just wondering how long it would last on the road.
Probably just a show queen anyway, the bike probably has like 2 miles on it at best.