General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key and Fob question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020 | 09:27 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer

See this thing you turn to start your bike. You should have a barrel key to lock it. Then if you have security with a fob you will see a blinking light on your speedo. No blinky no security fob needed.

Old 05-04-2020 | 09:31 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer

you can lock your ignition with out locking the forks.
you need to turn this to fork lock then turn you barrel key to lock the forks.
Same key for your saddlebags.

Old 05-04-2020 | 09:35 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer

It is b.s. your salesman didn't put the keys in your hand. Check all over. I have seen them ziptied to they passenger pegs or to the rider floorboard mounts. Just to get them out of the way. Long shot but did you look in the little phone door on the right side of the fairing?

The following users liked this post:
BelchFire (05-06-2020)
Old 05-04-2020 | 09:46 PM
SgtHH
|
6th Gear

Yeah it does sucks honestly but I did not want to make another trip back and he said it would take less than a week which is not true either. Waited over 2 weeks. But thanks everyone I’m glad to learn that I can lock it with just the key. Like I said I’m still new to the Harley world and learning all of this. And yes I did check everywhere for the keys and nowhere to be found. My luck I guess..loving the bike so far. On the bright side , first time owing the Harley and I’m absolutely in love with it

The following 3 users liked this post by SgtHH:
fxdup (05-05-2020), krabun (05-06-2020), Superdog3:16 (05-06-2020)
Old 05-04-2020 | 09:49 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer

Just looked it up and i guess the security feature was an option.....just not many said no....lol
lock the ignition with the key until you get tired of it then buy the security and have it put in.
i have buddy with a 2017 roadglide with no fob and it's funny watching him fumble around. Especially since i have a newer softail with not even a key...hit the kill switch and go.....lol
your dealer will send you a key and all will be good.

Old 05-04-2020 | 10:10 PM
SgtHH
|
6th Gear

Yup I guess my experience at the dealership was not the greatest after all. They should of at least explained how the system works to me. Thanks for the helps everyone

Old 05-04-2020 | 11:36 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!

Originally Posted by SgtHH
Yeah it does sucks honestly but I did not want to make another trip back and he said it would take less than a week which is not true either. Waited over 2 weeks. But thanks everyone I’m glad to learn that I can lock it with just the key. Like I said I’m still new to the Harley world and learning all of this. And yes I did check everywhere for the keys and nowhere to be found. My luck I guess..loving the bike so far. On the bright side , first time owing the Harley and I’m absolutely in love with it
Did you check the cubbyhole to the right of the infotainment screen? That's where my dealer puts the key/fob after service.

Old 05-05-2020 | 07:59 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Dynamick
Did you check the cubbyhole to the right of the infotainment screen? That's where my dealer puts the key/fob after service.
He said he checked the "glove box". I assumed he meant the "cubbyhole" or the "media box", if you want to get technical. 😎

Dynamick (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020 | 08:14 AM
SgtHH
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
He said he checked the "glove box". I assumed he meant the "cubbyhole" or the "media box", if you want to get technical. 😎

hahah yes I did. I put my phone in there almost every time I ride and unless they’re super glued to the back of it, I don’t see them

GalvTexGuy (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020 | 08:20 AM
FxdbCj
Intermediate

If your bike does have the security system and did not have the fob, it would be going off while transporting it. My guess is the security system was not optioned in for your bike or was takin off with a new module. Maybe check around some more for the fob, i keep mine taped to the back of my fuse box because my antenna is pretty weak. But if the bike starts and you have the pin then you should be good to go.

Quick Reply: Key and Fob question