General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alabama Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alabama Dragon

Went to Ashland Alabama Saturday for a Hank Williams festival. Got there about 11 am and there wasn't much going on so we decided to hit the road. On the way back we hit hwy 49 north in Lineville AL and got a great suprise. The road runs from Lineville to Cheha state park and has quite a few suprises on it. Twistie hill climbs, nice sweeping curves and some beautiful scenery, about 20 miles all together. Took an uneventful ride through the park and went up to Anniston/Oxford to the dealership for a brief rest. I'm sure that most riders in this neck of the woods know about this road but we didn't see any other bikes and very few cars. Saturday was exactly the reason I got the bike, me and the wife getting out to find places we never knew existed. Got plans for Little River Canyon next week.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Default RE: Alabama Dragon

Sorry all, I posted in the wrong forum.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:16 PM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, thanks for the tip! Not too far away from that neck o' the woods myself.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:51 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

I'm actually originally from Anniston Al. It does have some great roads. Haven't been their for few years.I remember riding some of them roads on my first bikes, asa kid and teen. Thanks for posting, brought back some good memories.Seems like now the only time I go back home to Al is for a funeral or family reunions.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 AM
azhole
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went looking for some legendary steakhouse in the middle of nowhere called kirkland, and when I found it was closed on that day I went to a small mining town, also in the middle of nowhere, called bagdad and that was one nice ride. Canyons and desert flora and fauna. I woulda never guessed, but now I want to do it again.
These trips are the reason I haven't purchased a GPS, cause I kinda like getting lost and finding these beautys.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Chief you should take the trip down to Juliette GA and go eat at the Whistle Stop cafe. They filmed the movie Fried GReen Tomatos there. EXCELENT food and a nice easy ride through the country getting there. Lemme know if ya want the route from West GA to Juliette.