Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

225 miles today with the wife...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:37 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 225 miles today with the wife...

Great ride through the outskirts of So Cal.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:32 PM
FireRescueFL
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 225 miles today with the wife...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 07-21-2007, 10:36 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

He's just expressing his joy in getting out to ride. I know the feeling. Went down to Las Vegas this morning to the airport and back, About 250 miles round trip. Felt great, but a tad warm for me.[:'(]

Old 07-21-2007, 10:44 PM
FireRescueFL
Tourer

I know he was but I've been looking for ANY excuse to use that smiley! [sm=happy046.gif]

---Chris

Old 07-22-2007, 09:36 AM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot the camera.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 AM
FireRescueFL
Tourer

Details man! Details!

---Chris

Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I see a picture of his wife from behind...Good enough for me!

ORIGINAL: FireRescueFL

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 07-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

I can relate his to his joy of the day. Wifey and I woke up to a long list of yark work chores we have been neglecting. Me, due to the fact I hurt my back, and wifey due to she's been doing everything else. I couldn't stand it any more! "Help me with my boots honey." She did, then I told her, "go gear up." Hurt back be damned, we're going on a little ride.

So out to the garage, take off the sheet covering the Standard and start off checking fluids and then tire pressure. That part took a bit, dealing with my bad back. But I wanted to make sure the tire pressure was right.

So we head out of Riverside,CA hitting the back roads up past Lake Mathews
and on out Cajalco Rd to Old Temescal Canyon Rd, past Tom's Farms and through Lake Elsinore to the famous Ortega Hwy.

We stopped at "Hell's Kitchen" on the top of Ortega Hwy and had a sandwich and some good conversation with others that enjoyed the same freedom of riding.
A nice guy saw us taking a photo of one another and offered to take one of the two of us. See, you meet the nicest people on Harley's. <smile>

So down the Ortega Hwy, headed towards the beach now,through Casper's Park and almost into San Juan Capistrano. We made a right turn on Antonio Pkwy that runs along side of Thomas Riley Wilderness Park where we actually saw a deer grazing not 30 yards from the highway! We don't see that alot here in Southern California so it was a highlight for us.

We made another right on Santa Margarita Pkwy and took it to Live Oak Canyon Rd. which takes you through some tight turns and on through Trabuco Canyon where the trees form a canopy over the road that is a peaceful part of the ride to me.
A short trip now to "Cook's Corner". We stop there and hydrate ourselves with some cold water from the saddle bags. By now my back is "SHOT" and tell wifey, "stick a fork in me dear, I'm done." Another sip or two of water and we're off.

We take off out of "Cook's Corner" heading up Santiago Canyon Rd., past Irvine Lake, giving the low wave to anything on two wheels. We hit the 241 toll road and I put the Standard through her gears as our speed leveled off at 75 and just a mellow cruise. We jump on the 91 Fwy and head through Corona onto our place in Riverside. I checked thedistance and it's 102 miles.

Wifey helps me with my boots (again) and I grab 4 advil and flop on our bed, ceiling fan going, blinds closed, my body still feeling the vibrations of the Harley. My back was killing me but I took time to reflect on the day, then I gave thanks to God above for all my blessings.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like a great ride. I was out there on the roads with you yesterday and made my usual stop to Cook's Corner. I love that canyon drive!

Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
ironbyron
Tourer

Good 4 U. I too suffer with the back trying to interfer with my riding. I haven't been able to get the wife to ride. Schedules etc. but I got to get her out soon. I am out in MO VALLEY, maybe we could go for a ride someday.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24908/01746538786B413F842694B29BC29202.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 225 miles today with the wife...