General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020 | 09:40 AM
zobell
|
Intermediate
Question Deluxe seats

So been looking to change out my oem 2010 softail deluxe seat.Dang it's hard to find stuff for this model ,either it's not a big seller or ?? people don't change much on this model .
Anyway would appreciate some input ,suggestions with pics would be even more appreciated as there are not a lot of pics out there either with seat changes.

so far I have narrowed down to,seats by le pera,mustang,saddlemen ,I wish there was a tool like Tire Rack has( you can change tire and rims and see it on your vehicle) where you can see the seat on your bike.

Not really digging mustang models kind of look the same as the oem,le pera good for short rides,saddlemen saddlehyde dominator looks appealing but not sure about old school and new school look seat and have tried to find pics with a saddlemen on a deluxe no luck.

pls some suggestions feedback anyone.

Old 03-29-2020 | 10:32 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

I dumped the OEM Deluxe Seat because it scrunches you up on the tank. I went with the two up Le Pera Daddy Long Legs Maverick Seat with diamond stitching on both my Softails. Wife loves the seat as do I. If you don’t want the 2” that the DLL moves you back, they do make a regular Maverick Seat.

Old 03-29-2020 | 10:35 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Pics

The following users liked this post:
OldDrummer55 (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020 | 11:35 AM
fxdup
Road Warrior

Also look at Corbin seats.

riggpigg (03-30-2020)
Old 03-29-2020 | 09:36 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

This one. Most comfortable seat ever. 'Course, THE MAMA hates sitting on the fender...

Old 03-30-2020 | 07:05 AM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Are you wanting to change seats for aesthetics or comfort or both? There are companies that will make you a new custom seat cover to your specs (inserts, colored stitching, embroidered designs, etc) that you install. I have a dumbass riding bud who bought one for his '08 Ultra ( forum member Dawg) and it looked great. Said dumbass then traded his bike in a month later but couldn't transfer the seat because although the seat would fit, the colored insert didn't match his new RGU.

Old 04-03-2020 | 11:01 AM
oldtoad
Tourer
Veteran: Navy

Just removed the stock seat from my '05 Deluxe and replaced it with one from an '07 Heritage. It's a lot more comfortable with the extra cushioning.

Old 04-03-2020 | 11:14 AM
Harleylife1
Outstanding HDF Member

I usually always go with Le Pera but sometimes ive gone with a Mustang. Just depends on the bike im looking to upgrade I guess. Cant go wrong either way in my opinion.

Old 04-03-2020 | 08:15 PM
wide glider
Road Master

Originally Posted by oldtoad
Just removed the stock seat from my '05 Deluxe and replaced it with one from an '07 Heritage. It's a lot more comfortable with the extra cushioning.
How did this change the overall seating position for you? I recently bought an 07 Deluxe and need to find a Heritage seat and lose the pullback risers to open things up a bit. Hopefully the Heritage seat moved you back and up a bit also.

Old 04-03-2020 | 10:11 PM
oldtoad
Tourer
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by wide glider
How did this change the overall seating position for you? I recently bought an 07 Deluxe and need to find a Heritage seat and lose the pullback risers to open things up a bit. Hopefully the Heritage seat moved you back and up a bit also.
You're correct in both assumptions. I'm sitting back a bit more, and the cushion is wonderful. That has me sitting higher where I'm now seeing more over the top of the wind screen. The other day I was riding along and was looking off to my left when I was smacked in the temple by something that felt to be the size of a grape.

To help with seating on the Deluxe seat I removed the grab rail so I could push my a$$ back as far as I could while still being somewhat comfortable. I also got rid of the pullback risers and went with a set an inch & a half high a year or so back. This pic shows the stock Deluxe seat and how it dips in the middle right where my a$$ sits. The Heritage seat sits less dipped which allows me to sit back as far as I need without being off the back, and still being padded nicely. I'm really liking this Heritage seat.

Last edited by oldtoad; 04-03-2020 at 10:25 PM.
wide glider (04-04-2020)

Quick Reply: Deluxe seats