General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will bike fit through 32" door

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Will bike fit through 32" door

Settle down "******" You must be either new to cycling or have never lived up North. I used to live in Chicago & I stored my bike in climate controlled storage. It does have a huge effect on the bike believe me. All you have to do is ask anyone who owns a vintage car/bike or anyone else who use climate controlled storage.

Climate-controlled storage maintains a constant temperature and is humidity controlled as well. This type of storage was designed for those items which should not go through the temperature and humidity changes that occur in regular storage. Climate-controlled space guarantees that nothing will be damaged by extreme hot or cold temperatures. It eliminates the humidity

Old 11-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad it worked for you. We have all year riding on the west coast, so climate controlled storage is not necessary.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:24 AM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

****** - since you know what I've been through, you know why all the more - I just can't put her to bed yet

Climate-controlled storage maintains a constant temperature and is humidity controlled as well. This type of storage was designed for those items which should not go through the temperature and humidity changes that occur in regular storage. Climate-controlled space guarantees that nothing will be damaged by extreme hot or cold temperatures. It eliminates the humidity
Besides, I'll have cances to play on those ocasional warm winter days - moving is not an option - the Adirondack region of NY is my playground and I believe I read, it's # 3 for most senice drives in all of the USA (readers digest) - truly an awsome place to live and ride.

Besides, I'tl take the edge off when a kid Picces me off - go in and look at the bike - hey it's better than the fish tank full of gold fish I moved out

Old 11-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Skos, guess maybe you missed the hehe at the end of my post. I meant no ill. I'm not "new" to anything but I have never, and would never live up North, by choice. To cold for me if you have to store a bike in a climate controlled environment. Storing a bike for that long a period, one that requires climate controll, how much riding time do you get in a place like that! Here in the South I have found above 40* to be rideable, with leathers and such. I feel for Y'ALL that have periods longer than a couple of weeks at a time that you cannot ride. Again I hope I did not offend.