General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC - Intel Bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:59 AM
drifter4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OCC - Intel Bike

What ever happened to that little feller that did all the nice painting before Nubby?
I liked the work he did also.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Jughugger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: philgrocks

The sheet of chips was just a demo. It represented no commercial value. They would not let any human touch something that was on its way to become a comptuer.

Now having said that, they probably only have a few of these for demos. So I am sure he was pissed.
I'm sure the hundreds of pieces of silicon which sprayed out all over the lab floor of such a clean environment also pissed that Intel technician off!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:26 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluzmn59

Nubby is awesome.

Mikey's act is wearing a little thin. I think he got humbled when he knocked the sheet of chips to the floor and broke it in episode one. The Intel guy did not look happy when he said how many computers that represented (500 or so) and that it was a significant investment. I am sure there were repercussions.
If that were me and my business they would've left right then. I'm sure Intel put up with that for the TV time.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

Nubby is awesome.

Mikey's act is wearing a little thin. I think he got humbled when he knocked the sheet of chips to the floor and broke it in episode one. The Intel guy did not look happy when he said how many computers that represented (500 or so) and that it was a significant investment. I am sure there were repercussions.
If that were me and my business they would've left right then. I'm sure Intel put up with that for the TV time.
last time i checked that is called acting. dont you htink Intel knew that having something like broken would be GREAT for people on forums to talk about as their are so many computer savy people that know what tey would be worth. Hell even on this one forum under one topic they went from being real, to fake but still worth money. They did for the show!!!!! You guys need to get a life and understand that TV..... is acting.... nothing is on accident.. over and over and over again

Old 07-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: mid_life_crisis

Yep if Vinny and NUB were to team up and build bikes OCC would be out of buisness. I dont think any of the others really have a clue.

wayne
Agreed, plus that one other sheetmetal guy. Can't remember his name but he knows metal work VERY well.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:49 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: vegashd

Nubby is awesome.

last time i checked that is called acting. dont you htink Intel knew that having something like broken would be GREAT for people on forums to talk about as their are so many computer savy people that know what tey would be worth. Hell even on this one forum under one topic they went from being real, to fake but still worth money. They did for the show!!!!! You guys need to get a life and understand that TV..... is acting.... nothing is on accident.. over and over and over again
Which is why I said

I'm sure Intel put up with that for the TV time.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Twize
Advanced
Default Intel OCC Bike in Folsom

Got a chance to see this bike. Very impressive overall but the ONE thing that bothers me is the transition from the "end of the Tank to the start of the Seat". What happened? It wasn't like that on the CAD render.That line or "broken line" really messes up the side profile... just my opinion.

But The back profile is very impressive.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:46 PM
OkcPuckfan
Advanced
Default RE: Intel OCC Bike in Folsom

The broken chips are called a wafer, they are pretty cheap and reasonably common. I have one hanging on the wall in my office. Intel probably recycles a few million of them in the production run of a processor family so they are not that big of a deal. Intel was more than happy to have OCC break one for the show....just look at how this thread has gotten them free recognition!
As far as the show, it is like any other reality tv show, very little reality! I give it up to the Teuttles, they are laughing all the way to the bank!

'Puckfan

Old 08-28-2007, 04:02 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

Are they still building bikes? I thought they only had time to sit around and count their money these days.
They should enjoy counting their money---they are marketing geniuses.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior

I too have gotten tired of these guys "acts", if that's what's really going on. I can't imagine any family constantly arguing, throwing things, breaking things just for the heck of it, staying together.
That said, at first, I thought it was cool for those of us who aren't builders, don't have the skills, or tools to do it, to get to see how it's done. Yeah, I know a lot of purist will say, they farm out too much instead of making it themselves. I think Sr. probably did a lot more of fabricating on his early bikes, before he got so rich.
I always wanted to see some of the bikes they were building for regular customers, not companys. You could get glimpses of them sitting around the shop, sometimes being worked on, but never got to see up close. The "gimmick" bikes got old to me by the second season.
Ya gotta hand it to the old man, though, he's made a name for himself, and a lotta money,....isn't that what all business want? They also brought a lot of attention to the biker world, arguably not always good. They also sell some really cheesy stuff, i.e. , "cologne", "toys,"..etc......, but I'm sure a lot of those who put them down, would readily trade places with them......
There will always be a market for choppers, I guess, but, most builders are building for "show", rather than practical riding like 99% of us do. How many of these strecthed out, low slung bikes do you see when you go for a ride, and how many baggers, softies, and sporty's do ya see?
Just sayin'......

Quick Reply: OCC - Intel Bike