General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC - Intel Bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: OCC - Intel Bike

Nubby is awesome.

Mikey's act is wearing a little thin. I think he got humbled when he knocked the sheet of chips to the floor and broke it in episode one. The Intel guy did not look happy when he said how many computers that represented (500 or so) and that it was a significant investment. I am sure there were repercussions.

That bike did not look like it would turn corners very well to me.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:42 PM
bronk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All in all the show is starting to lose its entertainment value for me.Too bad as I used to really like it.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:43 PM
STEG
Road Captain

on another occ note they also did an e85 bike says autoblog green

[align=center]
[/align]
Alrighty, so the bike is painted up like soybeans and corn. It has a "corn head scoop" mounted ahead of the engine at the bottom of the down-tube. The exhaust pipes are supposed to look like tubing from an ethanol plant. That sums up the ridiculous aspects of the bike to make it appear eco-friendly.

But, here is what really sets this particular machine apart from the rest of the chopper crowd. The gas-cap cleary states that the bike is to be filled with E85 only. The E85 symbol is carried over to the air cleaner cover. Lastly, the wheels are made to look like the blades of a wind turbine.

Just figured i'd put that out there

Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 PM
jagerviking
Tourer

Gave up on that show long ago!! Gets old watching them break things, yell at each other, and build bikes for ANY company that comes calling. Hell, one of there bikes is here in vegas at the bass pro shops, and guess what, its a fish bike, go figure. Next they will probably make a diaper bike for huggies!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:26 PM
philgrocks
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sheet of chips was just a demo. It represented no commercial value. They would not let any human touch something that was on its way to become a comptuer.

Now having said that, they probably only have a few of these for demos. So I am sure he was pissed.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
mr.hammond
Road Captain

i think occ has run its course.everything they build looks the same to me,just paint diffrences.i have seen many bikes here on these forums i would take any day of the week over theirs.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:02 PM
mid_life_crisis
Tourer

Yep if Vinny and NUB were to team up and build bikes OCC would be out of buisness. I dont think any of the others really have a clue.

wayne

Old 07-20-2007, 06:18 PM
okiehogg
Cruiser

Yeah it had alot of shock value at first, but theres more acting that reality now. Mikey was funny for a season or two, but the whole "Fat, goofy, younger brother" thing is more pathetic than funny anymore.

As far as their bikes go, I think they look awesome, but a little cookie-cutter from one to the next.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Canedog
Cruiser

I love the show. To me they are what America is all about, they had a dream about building bikes and it EXPLODED! No one can fault them for that. Yea, they don't have all the skills of Jesse James, I remember back to one of the early show they entered a bike show and placed around 6th. No one can blame they for cashing in and building bike for folks when they ask for one. Heck I wish Intel, HP and some of these other companies would knock on my door asking for a bike. They ham it up for sure, take that stuff with a grain of salt. The ole man started out in his basement a few years back now he is building a giant shop. I'm sure he's provided a lot of jobs in that area for folks that once were not in the bike business.

If you don't like the bikes or the show watch something else. I myself admire anyone who cashes in on a chance an makes it big. I would not buy one of their bike but the show is funny and its no more than entertainment to me. Not bike building 101. I'll leave that to Jesse James, he is the metal master.
Dog

Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 AM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

I watched part II last night... its an interesting bike, but the whole front end was a bit too big for my taste.
Like I posted before, I don't watch the show much anymore, but it seemed this episode series they were much more down to biz when it came to putting that bike together.
I can't fault them for hitting it big doing something they enjoy - American dream, no?
I'm curious to see how successfull their production factory thing works out, there is a lot of money being put into that project. My personal perspective is they make bar hoppers, and I just don't see that big of a market for such a bike. One other show I saw part of was a build off Jr and Sr did to pick another model for production. They kept saying, "we are going to build bikes Joe America can afford"... with the note on that building, labor, operating costs, actual materials cost, I just don't see how they are going to build a $15k bike... unless they are selling them like hotcakes... and since bikes like that scaled down spider bike are part of the line up, they are really limiting their market by creating something that is so specific to a particular taste, I really don't see that happening.
I think this whole endeavor could end up being one of those "too big for your britches" situations for them.... only time will tell though

Quick Reply: OCC - Intel Bike