General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Members please read

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:14 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Members please read

Corporate takeovers rarely keep the personal feel of a Mom & Pop the customers once enjoyed. I will agree with Time2Ride on that one. However, this place hasn't been Mom & Pop for some time, if ever. AutoForumUniverse.com started HDF in 2003 http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...n=hdforums.com

HDF and AutoForumUnivers.com may have been the brainchild of one person who loved cars and vehicles in general (we call 'em blockheads), but who is that person and how often do we see them around. I know Amanda comes around from time to time for administration purposes. However, for a business to be a Mom & Pop, mom and pop have to actually work there.

Now, I'm not discounting AutoForumUniverse.com or HDF. That would be hypocritical, since I have ventures that are relatively the same and I am an entrepenuer myself. I'm glad to see that HDF has worked so well for the guys at AutoForumUniverse.com.

Personally, I'm not concerned with the future of HDF. Great community sites come and go. That's the nature of the Internet. A domain name and a forum do make a community, the people that frequent it do. If HDF fails under Internet Brands, then another site will be waiting in the wings to take its spot.

I just wish that the real heart and soul of this forum, the moderators, could get some sort of monetary compensation for their time. To me it's a real shame that some people feel an obligation to frequent this board and police it voluntarily only to line someone else's pocket. Now that the forum is being bought by a larger corporation that will leverage the userbase here to earn advertising revenue, when the real meat and bones of the work is being done by volunteers, I can only hope that they would reward them in a way that is fair and just.

Best wishes to all. If anyone here would like to stay in touch with me, please PM, email, or contact me via my site. I'm not checking out of HDF, but I do need to focus on more productive activities, so my time here will be limited in the future.

Mike

Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Thanks for the update.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:22 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for updating us. I hope it works out great, butlike a lot of things it sounds OK in theory but we will see how it goes in the long term. Change is not always a good thing even though it looks good in the beginning.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe we can see Karens nipples now...

Old 07-20-2007, 12:43 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Interesting

Old 07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"lets not make this thread about me, BUT HERE IS A LINK TO MY SITE."

Thanks for letting us know whats going on TM, please keep us informed.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This has become a personal slam on Mike, and I think it deserves lockin'.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 PM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about seeing Karen's nipples?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Offending post have been deleted.

Please if you have suggestions for site improvement, questions or comments you can do it here. No more of this other BS.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Bluerose

I'm hoping that those that have spent so much time and effort managing this site have gotten something good out of it and want to thank them for all they did this has been a really good forum to be on to this point.

It will be interesting to see how it goes. I've been on a few other forums that have suffered death by takeover...I'm hoping this isn't one.

Quick Reply: Members please read