General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

payraise or not!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: payraise or not!!!!!!!!!!

250 a week to drive 10 hrs thats 25 bucks an hour less gas so its about 16 bucks an hour, take off wear and tear and oil and coffee..... 14 bucks an hour. Is that more than you make an hour at your current
pay scale? I would not take it even if I were making 10 bucks an hour not only is the time not well paid for, its time you dont get to spend with your family or leisure.

no its not worth it, and its not worth a move either, but it would be over a few years.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:51 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

which puts him in a higher tax bracket whick detracts more from the glitter....
ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

Take the money. Even with the drive it nets you more income.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:01 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It's hard to ask for an opinion. You know the situation you're in and what is and what isn't important to you.

Good luck in your decision.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:05 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I have gotten older, I cherish my time at home more with my family. I am not fond of the 45 minute commute each way anymore. I once had a job that was hour 1/2 each way. It is do-able, but it gets old fast. If the money is a large percentage more than you are making now, I would consider it. If it is not a large percentage more, I would pass also and enjoy my time at home.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

What is this word " pay raise " and what does it mean ?

It sounds vaguely familer but I just can't place it .

I'm in manufacturing .

Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: Finn111

It would depend, Are you talking about an hour driving or an hour doing two mph on a crowded freeway? If I was traveling 50-60mi. on an open road, orhaving to go 15mi in gridlock!
FUNNY! When I read your post, I knew IMMEDIATELY you were from O.C.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: so165

I meant $12,000.00 a year( I was justwanting it to be a month). there are good points to both, Idrovethat drive for over 4 years and was so happy to get this promotion which put me 5 minutes from the house. I get off work at 2pm every day and do not work weekends or holidays, so I have all kinds of time to ride. The other job would put me over many more people( more headaches) and I would have to work till 4 pm M-F.If I really was hurting for money then yes I would take it,but luckily I am not, so I can pick and choose. Just thought I would ask, just to check if I was retarded or not,lol!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with TxHarleyGuy in that you might have just committed career suicide by refusing the promotion. Now that might be fine if you are satisfied with your current position and pay grade, not all people want to climb the corporate ladder. You said the new position would have placed you in a larger management position which tells me the company most likely viewed you as a candidate for higher levels of responsibilities, but I suspect you damaged that view.

From the initial details, there is not enough information to determine completely whether taking the new job was for the best or for the worse. The communte time is merely one detail out of hundreds that probably should be looked at included the possiblilitiy of moving closer to the new position.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:34 AM
jimbo21165
Banned

ORIGINAL: tda69

ORIGINAL: Finn111

It would depend, Are you talking about an hour driving or an hour doing two mph on a crowded freeway? If I was traveling 50-60mi. on an open road, orhaving to go 15mi in gridlock!
FUNNY! When I read your post, I knew IMMEDIATELY you were from O.C.
The world does not revolve around the OC.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
jimbo21165
Banned

And, we'll put our lad......huh, ........yea, I realize I'm talking to a pu.....[sm=escape.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=joke.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 07-20-2007, 02:30 AM
bobbyd3
Tourer

ORIGINAL: so165

I meant $12,000.00 a year( I was justwanting it to be a month). there are good points to both, Idrovethat drive for over 4 years and was so happy to get this promotion which put me 5 minutes from the house. I get off work at 2pm every day and do not work weekends or holidays, so I have all kinds of time to ride. The other job would put me over many more people( more headaches) and I would have to work till 4 pm M-F.If I really was hurting for money then yes I would take it,but luckily I am not, so I can pick and choose. Just thought I would ask, just to check if I was retarded or not,lol!!!!!!!!!!
In that case I would say dont take it.
I work a job where I only work 3 days a week, they are 12 hour night-shifts but still I have 4 days to do whatever I want, and I make decent cash so even though im bored with it I like my free time

Quick Reply: payraise or not!!!!!!!!!!