General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Sales

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:34 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Harley Sales

Bikes in the Milwaukee area haven't been above MSRP since the 100th anniversary. I think you're gonna see more and more of this as time goes on. Good for the buyer of a new bike, but bad for those trying to unload a used bike, the dealersand the MOCO.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Roadbandit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People may be waiting to find out if the 2008 models are as crappy as the 2007 models. These warranty issues needs to be straighten out also.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

Roadbandit you're right. The complaints on the 6 speed are stacked up and the customers are really pssed. My best friend has a Heritage Classic that sounds like it blown up. It's all tranny noise. They can say what they want about the cut of the gears and put in thicker fluids but the thing is bad. HD hasn't decided what to do, they just say they know and to expect an announcement soon.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:34 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wbogley

I was reading the news and I saw Harleys Earnings were released. The Harley CEO said he was disapointed with dealer sales so far this year. (US sales are down)

My local dealer trys to sell bikes at $2500 over MSRP and their showroom is packed with bikes they cant sell. When are all the dealers going to wake up and sell bikes at a fair price and make the buying experience much better.
Remember, my friends, it is never enough money for the stockholders.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Roadbandit
Cruiser

Riding to little sturgis friday here in kentucky, aint going to do the H.D. any good there thow. going to letpeople ride a 2007 with that new, normal, wonderful clatter sound thatharley davidson wants these bikes to make.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

Roadbandit- aren't you just a little amazed thatso manypeople on here accept that clatter? Hardley any posts about it anymore. You know what, the sky really is falling.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Buying the bike is the downpayment for the accessories and apparel, which is where the money is.

I just purchased an 07 Super Glide under MSRP...

Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

fbhawgExactly what I was thinking. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall with this tranny clatter thing but damned if I can let that don't give a f^%^k HD get off that easy. Any decent company that's had all these complaints would find a solution to the problem if for nothing else repeat sales. Hey HD that's called planning for the future.
Ron

Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supply and demand, pure and simple. Dealers had it good for too long and some got arrogant, the good ones will adjust to stay in business, competitive pricing and better service, at least that's a start in the right direction. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Peace

Old 07-19-2007, 08:11 PM
shepo
Advanced

Geez,

I guess I must be really lucky! I am probably the only bloke in the world who has purchased a 07 Softail Custom, ridden it for 6k and hasno problems -no gearbox whines / clatters, no oil leaks, starts first time everytime. Then again, I have owned two other Harleys, and, surprise, surprise - I didn't have any problems with either of those bikes either. I guess in Australia we must get extra-special export models and Harley just saves all the crap ones for the US domestic market. And, the record Harley sales in a record motorcycle sales market Australia must be just pure fiction and a figment of my imagination.

Before I get flamed out of existance, I am not saying there is not problems, but, the way some of you guys carry on about things ... . I suppose what I am trying to say is this; if you don't like the bike, you don't like the brand anymore, why don't you sell your Harley and go buy something you are happy with? No one is forcing you buy or to own a Harley - sell it while it still has some resale. Then you can go and whinge and whineand feel happy you now owna 'superior bike' and how all of us happy Harley owners are either self deluded or idiots.

Thats my 2 cents.

shep.

Quick Reply: Harley Sales