General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?

Don't hate any bike, each company has strong selling points or they couldn't stay in business. Personally, buying a Harley was a simmering desire that boiled over last year when I bought my first one. We all read these forums and realize that even the Harley has some cons to go along with the pros. We made our decision to buy one anyhow for different reasons. Patriotism, image, looks, ride, whatever. Every bike company has something going for it, I just always wanted a Harley. Personally I don't have the time it takes to find reasons to hate another brand. Remember...Let those who ride,decide.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:19 PM
shepo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned plenty of Jap, European and American Motorcycles. They all havegood and bad points.That aside, I would love to own a Triton - Triumph bonny engine in a Norton Featherbred Frame, alloy tank, rearsets, clipons, that sweet triumph sound and great handling! If that doesn't causeyour heart to skip a beat then you must be already dead.

shep.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Wcross
Tourer

I don't hate any brand of bike. As far as Euros go, I have to admit that the Triumph Bonnevilles are tempting for another bike. Visited a Triumph dealer last year and overheard a owner who had brought his bike in talking to the "mechanic". The owner was saying something regardingthe carberator heater (If I remember correctly.) and the "mechanic" said, "Oooh. UHM. What's that?" THAT didn't exactly inspire me to be picking one up.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
RandyNC
Tourer

I love all brands of motorcycles...I mean they are motorcycles ..right, and that's what we love to do is ride our motorcycles...true. Why would anyone hate any kind of brand...they are all bikes.

Check out the Triumph Speedmaster, talk about a bike with some personality.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
BWLucky13
Road Master

Never owned a bike that I didn't like, japanese and european models included. My only regret is that Harley didn't continue making the Italian bikes. Who knows what kind of great machines that might have come from that team that won several world championships. The Harley is a better fit for me right now, but I admit to spending more time looking at the Triumph and Ducati dealership.

Question of the day: How do you tell a bike is Italian?

ans: If you have to study the speedometer and tach for a minute to figure out which is which.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ken01976

This post is for people who have a hatred of Jap bikes. Whats your general opinions on Euro Bikes,? ie Ducatis, Triumphs, Nortons, Guzzi's, Arials, BSAs, Nortons. Do they fall into the same category for you as a Honda, or is it a seperate category?
So.........you've read some of the replies.
Whatcha thinkin' now?????

Old 07-19-2007, 09:32 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

They're all good to me...I prefer Harley, but love them all. I own 3 bikes. American, Italian and Japanese. They are all awesome. The Honda....obviously the Japanese bike of the bunch is a 22 year old Nighthawk 700sc. Runs G R E A T! Super fast, great handling and reliable as can be. Gas, Oil and Tires is all that bike ever needs. So I guess the point is, while some of us have strong preferences for a particular brand, it doesn't mean that I hate all the others. By the way, I used to ride a BMW K75s....a Kraut you could say and it was a fine machine also. Wish I had a warehouse to store all of the bikes I've ever owned, that way I would never have to get rid of them. I'd keep them all.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:52 PM
str8pipe
Advanced

its all about american owned companys for me as well and what i like.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
David F
Novice

I'll take a punt and say about 99% of us started out riding something Japanese. It was probably cheap, super reliable and a hell of a lot of fun. I know I did. I've owned lots and I will own them in the future.

Am currently lusting after the same Ducati pictured earlier, but that will be as well as the Fatboy.

Still miss my Katana, never should of sold it.....

Old 07-20-2007, 09:10 AM
modeluxe
Banned

How can you hate a ZX14? Also like the Triumph Speed Triple Daytonas.

Quick Reply: U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?