General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts
Default RE: U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?

I have yet to find a bike made by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, or BMW that has any soul. The only possible exception might be the V-Max. I'll be the first to admit I haven't ridden all models from all those manufacturers, but more than likely neither has anyone else. I have ridden multiple models from all those brands though, including the mighty Max.

The Euro bikes I have ridden seem to have some soul, maybe character is a better word. I would love to own a new Ducati (that hyper-motard is calling my name) or Triumph. I would take any vintage European bike as well.

HD will always be my first choice. Nothing has more character to me.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:34 PM
WillieC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you totally except I have more concern for the American worker than I
do forAmerican companies. In a growing economy many workers are sold down the river for higher profits. The company I work for has dumped over 1,500 workers and
three of ourplants for a move to a plant in Mexico.
So I do not have as much distain for a foreign company in the US that employs US citizens
and gives them good benifits and retirement plans as I used to.
As far as Metrics and Euro bikes I think they all have something to offer and some are
probably better quality than our Harleys.
But I prefer to ride my Harleys and have been loyal to them for many years.

WillieC

ORIGINAL: 97FXSTSB

Not so much a matter of hating foreign bikes (or cars... I own Chevy). It's about supporting the U.S. economy for me. And yes I know that a lot of H-D components come from oversees. But buying H-D means that my money goes to an American company.
[IMG]local://upfiles/3686/23B2619658BC45509FB977E5A461D3F8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-19-2007, 05:47 PM
robrm250
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't hate japanese bikes,I have owned alot of them and if I was just going to ride solo I would probably have one again.A typical weekend on my last couple of jap bikes was make plans to go for a ride, me and one other guy shows up,no women for some reason (their smarter)we drive 100 to 130 to Deals Gap then try to beat a 10 minute time on the dragon,haul *** on every other 2 lane we can find,and by the time you get home from riding it I feal like I need a vacation.I have owned a bmw 1200lt,02 goldwing,05 goldwing okay bikes but if you are going be riding solo or with the wife and want to meet fun people you just have to get a Harley that way when you get home from riding you just have a big smile.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 PM
tbenson
Cruiser

Honda etc., does not support the U.S. economy, where do the employees live that work in the States? Funding the CEO's of U.S. Big Business today is more than likely funding overseas, due to there multiple houses, bank accounts and vacationing habits overseas. I am not flaming anyone, just mentioning common practice of the wealthy of American Society today. Their taxes go to the U.S., but who sees the major benefit of that (the wealthy). Living in an area where there are Honda and GM Plants, it seems the Honda employees and the area in which they live have prospered much better than where the GM plant is located (Honda contributes so much more to the public versus GM). I like to spend my money on what I like, not by the badge it wears! Just my ignorant thoughts of how things are today!

"I AM NOT ANTI-AMERICAN JUST OPEN MINDED"

Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've owned many bikes over the years and the majority of them were metrics. My last non Harley was an 02 BMW R 1150 RT. I sold it just over a year ago. If I were still into long distance riding I wouldn't have sold it. It was the best all around distance bike I ever had and that includes the Honda Goldwing or Honda ST 1100 that I owned. I do have to admit that I hated the integrated braking system on the BMW. I like the seperation of brakes between the right hand and right foot.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member

I drove a Guzzi a few year's back a very sweet ride.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't hate jap bikes....I like all motorcycles and only hate the fact that I can't own more

But I do think my Triumph has a bit more soul than the Ninja, the Ninja is quite practical and great at what I need it to do, but having a soul isn't one of them.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:14 PM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Ken Thompson!

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

Anyone who has feelings for a motorcycle that can be described as "HATE" has mental problems and I have no use for them.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like the word "Jap." I don't care what type of a bike a guy rides, as long as he doesn't use words like "jap" when I'm around. Just a personal bias of mine.

[/align]I

Old 07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

Like fat chicks, someareok looking, would'nt want your friends see you riding one though.

Ever been to a bike rally? Lots of guys there riding fat chicks. They never seem to mind walking side by side with them, with pride.[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?