General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?

I did my time on all the Jap bikes. Never tried a European bike. I'm a Harley man from now on.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:38 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I owned 2 Triumphs prior to my HD. They just screamed character and soul, much more so than any cookie cutter HD. Although, dealers are hard to find and the aftermarket is only so-so. Great bikes, though. I'll probably get another one someday.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:44 AM
sfarson
Road Master

Do enjoy the H-D character, but speaking of Euro bikes, few match the visceral experience and transport to another dimension like the product from Bologna.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone who has feelings for a motorcycle that can be described as "HATE" has mental problems and I have no use for them.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dave7mm

Aww Ken,
A Harley has more parts in it from China than a Honda does.[sm=imsorry.gif]
dave
Interesting Dave, I'd be curious as to where you drew that conclusion. I haven't researched it, but it's only been just recently that Harley was allowed to import their bikes to China because previously under the more stringent import guidelines (they just recently relaxed them)there weren't enough "Made In China" parts on a Harley to meet the minimum requirements for importing them however, Honda was already selling bikes in China which must mean they met the requirements for the import restrictions.

In short, based on the old Chinese import restrictions, Harley wasn't allowed to be importedbecause it didn't have enough "Made In China" stickers on their bikes, all the while Honda was being sold. Just drawing conclusions, but I'd have to say that if Honda met the stringent import requirements and Harley didn't, I'd have to say there are probably more "Made in China" stickers on a Honda than a Harley.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

Get a kickout of all makes and all classes of bikes, and do get a big kick out of most BMW's, including the one below. One of the finest, fastest (170mph +), refined (ABS, On-the-fly electronic suspension adjustment etc.), best handlingsporting rides around. Recently awarded MCN's rare five stars...
+1

Never owned or rode a Harley that could touch a BMW for handling/performance (and I've owned plenty of both).

Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like fat chicks, someareok looking, would'nt want your friends see you riding one though.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

I don't hate jap bikes, I've still got 2 and my wife has one. That's the advantage to living in Canada........whether it's American, Japanese or European; they're all foreign bikes to us. As for the European stuff, I've been looking at buying a Triumph Thruxton, love that bike

Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

do you really care what I think?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Bluerose

I don't hate jap bikes I'd be in big trouble if I did since Hubby rides a Honda.

I was over at the Yamaha/Suzuki/Triumphdealer the other day looking at some helmets. Those Triumph Bonnevilles T100s catch my eye every time.The TriumphScrambler looks like a really fun bike too.

Quick Reply: U Hate Jap Bikes? What about Euro Bikes?