Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Riding Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 10:23 AM
Pantera99
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,136 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Good Boots and socks are critical for safe and enjoyable riding.

I switched to full water proof boots years ago but just never had that boot I loved. Talked to a few guys and watched the videos and read reviews on StylMartin and WOW. I've been sporting them almost two seasons now and love them. Many will not like the style and I get it. I'm too old now to care bout what they look like. All day and I mean 14 hour comfort, totally DRY, good in 20 degree and 90 degree temps with the right socks is what matters to me. These are expensive compared to many and they are CRAZY STIFF until you break them in. The first full month you just have to force yourself to wear them. Now I would not want to ride witout them. My wife was so impressed with the quality that she has also gone with the same brand. Hers have more feminine styling but are heavy leather, FULL water proof and she loves them now that she has them broken in.

I wear the premium HD socks in the summer and Klim and Rev-It in the winter.

We purchase both pairs from Revzilla.

Mine: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...n-matrix-boots

Wife's: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-pearl-j-boots
$369.95!!?! They can keep 'em!! My $100 Milwaukees are just fine.

Old 02-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Maccam26
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Red Wing Iron Rangers for me, don't have to take them off when I get to work, they work with Chinos.

Old 02-10-2020, 10:43 AM
squirrelsnest
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,644 Likes on 2,800 Posts

I also have a pair of Chippewa boots.....zip up in the back & waterproof...…

https://www.chippewaboots.com/footwe...d/upland/24948

Old 02-10-2020, 11:22 AM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Originally Posted by Haarley
Give them a try. Sidi race boots are amazing.
i went and looked at there boots they have some nice looking boots but the ones shown look like ski boots just not for me not my taste. but hey what ever anyone wants to wear. it dosent bother me. just saying not for me thats all i would ride with someone wearing them i dont care

Last edited by IBE; 02-10-2020 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

I go the path less traveled. I wear a pair of TCX Street Ace shoes. Both the WP and Air versions.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:25 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

My go-to boots are TCX X-Blend. They're waterproof, have ankle pucks, and look like Doc Martens. Comfortable to walk around all day in them. For the cold, I have a pair of insulated Danner Ft. Lewis boots. They're 25 years old and I've wrecked in them, but they're still warm and waterproof. I also have a pair of Gaerne Balance Oiled boots that are outstanding, but designed for adventure touring, so I don't wear them on the Harleys very often.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:43 PM
MilsurpShooter
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,842 Likes on 6,376 Posts

I'm on my 2nd pair of the HD "Jason" Engineer boots. First pair I wasn't too thrilled with, wore nicely and once broken in were extremely comfortable, however the steel toe means having to catch the shifter on the edge of the boot as opposed to being able to slide my toe under it, and the leather cracked along the toe bend and kept splitting. Wasn't going to buy another pair but for Christmas my dear old mom got me a pair after noticing the sorry state of the other ones. Haven't been riding in this pair yet, but got them on Christmas and they're finally breaking in, gonna take some more proactive measures this time around to condition the leather to prevent the splitting.

My other go too pair of boots are the Milwaukee Leather Trooper boots. Zipper on both sides of the tongue of the boot. Makes for easy and quick on and off. But the soles don't last as long as I'd like on them. And I'm pretty picky about the soles and boots in general. I have to get sizes in EEE so that limits my options. Star and Bar tread is a big plus as well, just personal preference.

Trooper boots
Favorite Riding Boots-extogw7l.jpg

HD boots
Favorite Riding Boots-g7i3ul6.png

Old 02-10-2020, 08:02 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,643 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Redwing #6691 6" Hiker Boot. It's not really a motorcycle specific boot, but I find it comfortable, has an aluminum toe and it's waterproof.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:51 PM
old mago
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 698 Posts

this is what i wear..Thomas Cook , Johnny Rebs ..........................I steer clear of boots with laces when riding my bikes......... the laces can get loosend up in the breeze and get caught up in your foot controls...ive found this out one day coming to a halt at a red light , went to put foot down and WTF !!!!........lucky for me i was able to, in the nick of time,shake my boot free and just saved it

Thomas Cook , Johnny Rebs

Old 02-10-2020, 11:48 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 16,996 Likes on 6,770 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Damn! How do you bend your knees?!?
As tall as they look, those actually stop short of the knees. I had a pair of those (or at least Wescos like them) years ago when I worked as a wildland firefighter/feller. Good insurance against rattlesnakes/flying wood chunks/hot ashes/potential saw chain mishaps. Best pair of boots I ever wore.

Nowdays I wear H-D's "Riddick" (made by Wolverine) boots for most of my riding. On hot days a pair of either Bates or Underarmour tactical boots get the nod. I might actually look into another pair of those Wescos for work and moist weather riding as my work boots are about done for. Lots of money for sure, but probably the last pair I'll ever need.

The following users liked this post:
sailmotion (02-11-2020)

Quick Reply: Favorite Riding Boots