General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People sitting on your bike without asking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020 | 01:11 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

At the risk of making a serious comment, I'll say this:

I don't remember when I learned "don't touch a man's vehicle without permission", but it was early in life.

I remember a day when I was a kid. Dad had just gotten home, and his car was on the driveway. A half dozen of us were screwing around in the front yard when "Tom" (idiot kid from next door) decided it would be really funny if he started writing in the dust on the trunk of dad's car. We were all maybe 10 yo at the time.

Tom's dad was out mowing his lawn, saw what happened, immediately came over, gave Tom a decent whupping, told him to go get my dad, apologize, then made him wash the car while he watched.

I assume Tom learned his lesson. Hard to say. Dude really was an idiot.

Point is none of us were surprised by Tom's punishment. The "don't touch without permission" rule was already fully understood. Some things you just don't do, and that's one of them. We all knew that. (Except for Tom, apparently, but did I mention he was an idiot?)

That was in the early '70's. Makes me wonder if kids learn that lesson anymore.

The following 4 users liked this post by 0maha:
BikerPepe` (02-12-2020), Buster (02-16-2020), SWFLGuy (02-06-2020), tar_snake (02-11-2020)
Old 02-06-2020 | 03:54 PM
Harlee5438
Cruiser

LoneBone
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,285 Likes on 936 Posts
DefaultQuote:
Originally Posted by Harlee5438 View Post
I was at a watering hole,come out see a guy sittin on my bike,ask him politely to get off,he gave me some lip,threw him off the bike against the building,broke his shoulder,no one ever sat on my bike without my permission at that place ever again.
How did you "throw him off your bike" without knocking your bike over.

Throw him toward the kickstand side? Lift him up then throw him?

I would like to know that little trick so I'm listening....

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (02-11-2020)
Old 02-06-2020 | 05:26 PM
RoadKill-z
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
To me, sitting on someone's bike uninvited is akin to tugging on Superman's cape, spitting into the wind, pulling the mask off the old Lone Ranger or messing around with Jim. You just don't do it.

​​​​​Lol, bet the younger crowd doesn't get that one.

The following 2 users liked this post by RoadKill-z:
BMyers (02-08-2020), Hecklerboy (02-11-2020)
Old 02-06-2020 | 05:41 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

You are obviously at the wrong kind of bar.

I would have lost my mind, but the bars I used to frequent had a line of different bikes out front, and I don't recall anybody touching them.

Old 02-06-2020 | 05:52 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

every where i ride be it bars or restaurants there are always bikes there and nobody would even think of messing with one. it just dosent happen. but i do think about it at the grocery store. i always park in the yellow cross lines (not a walk way) more worried about someone hitting it with a cage. and at harley dealerships

Old 02-06-2020 | 08:49 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harlee5438
Grabbed him by front of his shirt,pulled him off,slammed into wall,simple and Ultras don't fall very easily when on the Jiffy stand.
since i've seen you reply like this before, one can assume that you are not familiar with the 'quote' function. down in the lower right hand corner of the post, if you hit the 'quote' button, it will open up a reply window that you can just type your reply into without having to do some weird cut and paste thing. if you're aware of that, and just choosing to be a rebel and going your own way, then my apologies and go on with your bad self....

Old 02-06-2020 | 09:09 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

He should have received two chops to the throat.

The following users liked this post:
deathrowdave (08-02-2023)
Old 02-06-2020 | 09:53 PM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member

This has never happened to me. I would be pretty ticked though if it did.

Old 02-07-2020 | 05:58 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

I cant recall someone ever sitting on my bike without permission but I left a restaurant one day and as I'm walking to my truck I see some folks in a car parked near my truck and a big whale of a woman leaning against my truck smoking a ciggy and talking to the folks in the car.
I started hitting the panic button on my remote but I was too far away for it to work at first but finally when I got about 50 feet away that siren started sounding off and scared the beast so bad she about **** her sweat pants.
Of course when I got up to them she was cussing me out and calling me *******. I told her the real ******* is someone who leans up against other peoples vehicles to which she says, yeah well its an old truck anyway. So I clued her in that it was my old truck and I didn't want her leaning on it.
So even though its not a motorcycle and yes its an old truck, its still something I worked and paid for.
Respect is a rare commodity these days.

Last edited by Bubba Zanetti; 02-07-2020 at 09:37 AM.
The following 9 users liked this post by Bubba Zanetti:
BluesStringer (02-07-2020), crazytown (02-07-2020), deadbroke (02-07-2020), Fritz Franz (02-10-2020), glebo (02-07-2020), Juan L (02-07-2020), Naz (02-07-2020), One Wire (02-07-2020), tar_snake (02-11-2020) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-07-2020 | 06:42 AM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
I cant recall someone ever sitting on my bike without permission but I left a restaurant one day and as I'm walking to my truck I see some folks in a car parked near my truck and a big whale of a woman leaning against my truck smoking a ciggy and talking to the folks in the car.
I started hitting the panic button on my remote but I was too far away for it to work at first but finally when I got about 50 feet away that siren started sounding off and scared the beast so bad she about **** her sweat pants.
Of course when I got up to them she was cussing me out and calling me *******. I told her the real ******* is someone who leans up against other peoples vehicles to which she says, yeah well its an old truck anyway. So I clued her in that it was my old truck and I didn't want her leaning on it.
So even though its mot a motorcycle and yes its an old truck, its still something I worked and paid for.
Respect is a rare commodity these days.
Love it

Quick Reply: People sitting on your bike without asking.