General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People sitting on your bike without asking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020 | 01:35 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by RJMsporty
The last person to sit on my bike without asking I made love to...it was my wife and it was sexy as hell.
Didn`t even need to flip on the rear pillion vibrator either...

Old 02-05-2020 | 01:47 PM
bentparts
Tourer

Once had a drunk friend sit on my bike, then promptly fall over on it doing a bit of damage. If he wasn't my friend at the time he probably would have got an *** kicking, but that was almost 40 years ago and I was much stronger and healthier. He was good for the damage and were still friends. Nowadays I can't imagine that happening since I don't hang out bars or other large gatherings where drunks are all around. Maybe it's just my pleasant resting angry face that's dissuades that kind of behavior. Those old enough to remember Ann Landers might have read the column about motorcycles being an " attractive nuisance", her words. This after someone wrote in complaining about a parent placing a greasy drooling toddler on his bike for a photo op. She got an earful about that one. Bottom line, I'm too old and beat up to fight about such nonsense. Call a cop if your bike gets assaulted.

The following users liked this post:
HKMark23 (02-05-2020)
Old 02-05-2020 | 02:11 PM
warprints
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Johnnypop
Not allow to sit on the bike. I would have taken a picture and dialed the cops for trespassing.
Under Louisiana law, this could be considered trespassing - so calling the cops might be an over-reaction, but you'd be within your rights.

Old 02-05-2020 | 02:30 PM
Harleylife1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default haha crazy

people are ****ing crazy man. Nothing a broken jaw wont fix!

tar_snake (02-11-2020)
Old 02-05-2020 | 02:41 PM
BluesStringer
Road Master
Veteran: Army

At a bike show/fund raiser for a church I attend sometimes. I saw the little girl admiring my bike without touching it or trying to get on it at all. Saw her say something to her mom (not in this picture), and her mom then started asking who owned this bike. I said I do, and she said little girl wants to sit on it. I ask her if little girl is disciplined enough to sit still and keep her hands and feet where I place them, and Mom says yes. She was right. The girl sat very still and after several people took pictures, she asked me to get her down, which I did, and the little girl hugged my leg as she thanked me "very much" before walking away with her family.

I guess if an adult man was as respectful and deferential towards me as the girl was, I would probably let him sit on the bike too. I would not allow them to stand the bike up, but hey, the little girl was the first time the "big decision" had to be made in the 45+ years I've been riding Harleys. I've also never been confronted with just finding someone sitting on my bike. In that scenario I'd demand they get off the bike, and if that demand wasn't honored I'd do my best to take them off the bike. Hopefully, either honored or not, the demand or the assertive removal would be the end of any confrontation. If it ever happens, I'll just have to report back here if it goes any further than described above, because I have no set plan about how to deal with someone blatantly refusing to get off my scoot. Just have to play it by ear at that time. I know I won't be looking for a fight, but if that's my only choice, fight it will be. It will hopefully never happen, but if it does, I'll let y'all know soon afterwards how it went.

Blues

The following 4 users liked this post by BluesStringer:
bentparts (02-05-2020), Harfar (02-05-2020), mctraveler (02-06-2020), old mago (02-07-2020)
Old 02-05-2020 | 02:53 PM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member

Seen Batman?

"Never rub another man's rhubarb!"

It would have been an immediate "What the F*** are doing? Get your *** off my bike!" That would have been the one and only verbal exchange.

Oh, Shoulda stabbed em

Old 02-05-2020 | 02:55 PM
ghost183
Tourer

wow.. does this really still happen?????

im going back 20 some odd yrs ago
friend of a friend jumped on my bike i was going to grab the guy but got stopped by the mutual friend, it wasnt a new to me bike, but still, the guy mustve realized what was about to happen and jumped off.. threw up a surrender attitude and apologized with no disrespect comments.. our mutual friend sat him down

but funny ending is, he bought a harley several months later

but that was as close s i got to smashing someone, it never happened again

IKEWESSON (02-13-2020)
Old 02-05-2020 | 03:15 PM
Halojumper
Seasoned HDF Member

Take a before and after picture and hit him with your novelty helmet.

The following 2 users liked this post by Halojumper:
Buster (08-02-2023), Kawickrice (02-06-2020)
Old 02-05-2020 | 04:03 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
yeah problem with thay guy is, deep down hes saying "wahat are you gonna do about it?" then ya let him get away with it, hes helping himself to more of your things, yeah an *** whuppin is in order...
I would say we could graduate from "quiet word with the *******" to asswhipping. Might be a better way of not going to war without needing to.

Old 02-05-2020 | 04:09 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member

Quit parking your bikes on the sidewalk in front of the five & dime and people will quit sitting on them.

I've never had trouble with people sitting on my bike. Maybe I hangout in different circles.

Last edited by TroubleHead Fred; 02-05-2020 at 04:13 PM.
bentparts (02-06-2020)

Quick Reply: People sitting on your bike without asking.