General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People sitting on your bike without asking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020 | 09:42 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Slingshot383
Westay - St. Louis and north St.Louis county is worse than East St. Louis anymore, drug dealers and gang bangers using kids as human shields, and the news is covering it up because the mayor and prosecuting attorney don't want the truth out.
The St.Charles area is going down fast too ! I know many people who live out there that have had their homes and cars broken into. Drugs are out there big time ! My brother who lived on Byran road had 2 guys break in while he and his wife were sleeping and took a laptop. They had been in the neighbors house before his. Brother chase their *** down the street. You have to go out farther than that to get away from the thugs. I tell everyone to stand their ground and don't let these pieces of **** drive us out.

Old 02-12-2020 | 11:01 PM
westay
Road Master

totally agree.

Old 02-12-2020 | 11:03 PM
Buster217
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MyFavRk
Speaking of which , today , a close friend of mine brought his wife's car over to have me put a new battery in , who the ***** designs a car with a battery in the fender well ? Anyhow , as I'm bolting everything back up , I hear my bike " chirp " and the next thing you know the alarm is going off . My friend decided to take a seat , he just about Shat himself when it went off . I ran into the house and grabbed the FOB , had to explain to him why I disappeared and returned . When I ran back into the shop to disarm the bike , he was standing on the other end of the shop looking like he expected the bike to self destruct .

When it was all over , he apologized and explained how he wished he had taken up the " Hobby " and really envied me for doing what I do . I did have to explain , that it wasn't a " Hobby " but a way of life for me , my solitude from the crazy world we all live in , pretty sure he understood .. All was good , I never had a problem with him sitting on it , just should have said something first .
If you just leave stop moving the bike the alarm will turn off.

The following users liked this post:
MyFavRk (02-13-2020)
Old 02-12-2020 | 11:12 PM
westay
Road Master

I also have the incident where I had my bmc chopper [big daddy st.] outside the dealer from which I bought the bike. it was in fairly close proximity to the new dealer owned custom choppers. but one partially snokerd dude decided to sit on mine and mess with it. the dealership owner saw it and got my attention to which I went to the dude and told him the bike is mine not for sale and to git off!!! pronto!! he did and, apologized. the dealership owner came over and said I handled it better than he would've. which I guess meant it woulda got ugly real quick. it was a nice custom and roade gr8 for a chopper. plus was an eye catcher. only thing I didn't like was the rev tech 100 engine. revtech 6 speed trans gave no trouble. obtw, it was ice blue with purple flamesand with silver pin-striping. velocity stack for the mikuni 45 carb. python exhaust. custom ape hanger bars. would move like a stripped ape!

Old 02-13-2020 | 12:10 AM
westay
Road Master

unfortunately bud, drugs and the crime they bring is everywhere. until the judicial system gets serious there will continue to be crackheads stealin and b&e'n to get dope money.lived in O'Fallon for awhile too. I hear trouble has moved out there too. gotta go out to warrenton to get away from it.

Old 02-13-2020 | 06:06 AM
Aitch
Tourer

I really thought the Johnny Dangerously meme deserved a chuckle or two. Just sayin...

Old 02-13-2020 | 06:34 AM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Buster217
If you just leave stop moving the bike the alarm will turn off.
I've been wondering about that , once when I was about to start washing it , I set off the alarm and waited for it to end , but it went on for quite awhile , so I gave up and got the fob . I'm going to have to recheck the manual and see if it says anything about it , or if there is a setting to change how long the alarm goes on for . I know there is a setting to adjust how sensitive it is before it goes off , looks like I have some reading to do today .

Old 02-13-2020 | 06:41 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

on your 2010? no, there is no setting to adjust sensitivity, nor is there an adjustment to how long it will go off for.

MyFavRk (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020 | 06:51 AM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
on your 2010? no, there is no setting to adjust sensitivity, nor is there an adjustment to how long it will go off for.
Thanks Skratch , yes my 10 RK , really is no problem the way it is , just didn't know much about it . I think I've only set it off twice in the 2 years I've owned the bike . I may just have to go out and give it a bump to see just how long it goes off for before it shuts down . My curiosity has gotten to me ever since it happened yesterday .

Old 02-13-2020 | 06:58 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 0maha
At the risk of making a serious comment, I'll say this:

I don't remember when I learned "don't touch a man's vehicle without permission", but it was early in life.

I remember a day when I was a kid. Dad had just gotten home, and his car was on the driveway. A half dozen of us were screwing around in the front yard when "Tom" (idiot kid from next door) decided it would be really funny if he started writing in the dust on the trunk of dad's car. We were all maybe 10 yo at the time.

Tom's dad was out mowing his lawn, saw what happened, immediately came over, gave Tom a decent whupping, told him to go get my dad, apologize, then made him wash the car while he watched.

I assume Tom learned his lesson. Hard to say. Dude really was an idiot.

Point is none of us were surprised by Tom's punishment. The "don't touch without permission" rule was already fully understood. Some things you just don't do, and that's one of them. We all knew that. (Except for Tom, apparently, but did I mention he was an idiot?)

That was in the early '70's. Makes me wonder if kids learn that lesson anymore.
Today they'd say it was your dad's fault for not washing his car, leaving such a temptation for the child in plain side.

Last edited by mmancuso; 02-13-2020 at 07:00 AM.
westay (02-19-2020)

Quick Reply: People sitting on your bike without asking.