General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People sitting on your bike without asking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020 | 03:16 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

What if a homeless guy sleeps in your truck, takes a dump in it in the morning and leaves...?

Old 02-11-2020 | 07:44 PM
Slingshot383
Road Master

Westay - St. Louis and north St.Louis county is worse than East St. Louis anymore, drug dealers and gang bangers using kids as human shields, and the news is covering it up because the mayor and prosecuting attorney don't want the truth out.

Old 02-12-2020 | 12:02 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
What if a homeless guy sleeps in your truck, takes a dump in it in the morning and leaves...?

HAVE to ask!! Happened to you or you did it?

Old 02-12-2020 | 12:03 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Slingshot383
W... drug dealers and gang bangers using kids as human shields, and the news is covering it up because the mayor and prosecuting attorney don't want the truth out.
That is f up. The families of the kids should be all over that and crying about that on the news and not the typical BS. Or the families don't care... ?

Old 02-12-2020 | 01:07 PM
westay
Road Master

really? I didn't know that. lived in stcharles area from 1984 to 1997. always knew the east side as being the trouble zone. and of course north st.louis. co. I used to work with called no. stl. flak jacket time if goin there.

The following users liked this post:
Aitch (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020 | 04:55 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

In 45 years of motorcycling I've NEVER seen, anyone hop on a bike without asking permission.
I guess you hit the lotto....

Another example about WHY, I'm particular about where I go, and with whom I associate

but then again... a new member with 4 posts....

Old 02-12-2020 | 06:40 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member

Speaking of which , today , a close friend of mine brought his wife's car over to have me put a new battery in , who the ***** designs a car with a battery in the fender well ? Anyhow , as I'm bolting everything back up , I hear my bike " chirp " and the next thing you know the alarm is going off . My friend decided to take a seat , he just about Shat himself when it went off . I ran into the house and grabbed the FOB , had to explain to him why I disappeared and returned . When I ran back into the shop to disarm the bike , he was standing on the other end of the shop looking like he expected the bike to self destruct .

When it was all over , he apologized and explained how he wished he had taken up the " Hobby " and really envied me for doing what I do . I did have to explain , that it wasn't a " Hobby " but a way of life for me , my solitude from the crazy world we all live in , pretty sure he understood .. All was good , I never had a problem with him sitting on it , just should have said something first .

The following users liked this post:
westay (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020 | 07:00 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by MyFavRk
Speaking of which , today , a close friend of mine brought his wife's car over to have me put a new battery in , who the ***** designs a car with a battery in the fender well ? Anyhow , as I'm bolting everything back up , I hear my bike " chirp " and the next thing you know the alarm is going off . My friend decided to take a seat , he just about Shat himself when it went off . I ran into the house and grabbed the FOB , had to explain to him why I disappeared and returned . When I ran back into the shop to disarm the bike , he was standing on the other end of the shop looking like he expected the bike to self destruct .

When it was all over , he apologized and explained how he wished he had taken up the " Hobby " and really envied me for doing what I do . I did have to explain , that it wasn't a " Hobby " but a way of life for me , my solitude from the crazy world we all live in , pretty sure he understood .. All was good , I never had a problem with him sitting on it , just should have said something first .

Dodge does mine is in the fender well too and it sucked when i had to replace it

Old 02-12-2020 | 08:47 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member

Yah , car was a Chrysler , only problem I had was we had to take a trip to the auto store and buy new clips for the fender skirt , old ones just broke off , other than that , no issues .

Old 02-12-2020 | 09:10 PM
Lunchboxx
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by xtopherburner
So I just got a used Harley. I haven’t had one in almost five years and I’m pretty happy with it. I took it to my local watering hole and everyone was checking it out when, out the blue, this guy I barely know jumps on and stands it up. I was polite at first thinking he was going to apologize and get off but he took an attitude with me about “that guy” and I had to get a little more aggressive to get him to get off of it. I’m the only one at this place who owns a bike which is new to me because I used to hang out with people who owned their own and know to be a little more respectful. I tried not to make too big a deal about it because we have mutual friends but it really made me want to throw down. Am I just overreacting?

Made me think of this! There are some people I know that would beat the hell out of some dude for doing that.

Quick Reply: People sitting on your bike without asking.