General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People sitting on your bike without asking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020 | 03:49 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneBone
There is so much bullshit being spouted on this thread.

Most of the talkers wouldn't do ****, other than talk about what they would do. Thanks tho, it IS a winter thread after all....

The following users liked this post:
LoneBone (02-09-2020)
Old 02-08-2020 | 04:01 PM
blap
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tar_snake
You were a good deal more 'gentle' than I have been or would have been. I did get to school a young guy here the other day though about that kind of thing. He didn't touch or sit on my bike, but as he was moving some stuff off a trailer hitched to his truck he hollered over to me as I got off my bike after just pulling in and parking across the drive from him 'when was I going to let him ride my bike'.

I was getting gas one day at the pump at work and a kinda famous singer awhile back, pulled in on his custom, I had no idea who he was, turns out he was a friend of a guy I work with. Jokingly I asked if I could ride it and he said SURE! I told him I was just kidding, he said I'm serious, take it! He made me ride it, I came back and he made me ride it again, I was gone for about 10 minutes the second time and he asked if I wanted to ride it more, my buddy was cracking up, just watching and never told me he knew the guy! You should have made him ride it to teach him a lesson.

Last edited by blap; 02-08-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2020 | 04:14 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SirHarley
Chicago IS a violent city. Highest murder rate in the nation for years. I once threw a brick at a rat there, and it threw it back at me. Anyways, in Chicago the mass transit system is become a danger to ride. Plenty of camera's to take blurry pictures of what happened to you before you got killed, but very few prosecutions. It's a corrupt city run-a muck. It's just another sanctuary city where the law protects the felons...beware.
I thought Baltimore was #1. Chicago is bad. I do a lot of business down there. Some of it in not so nice neighborhoods like near the University of Chicago. I've had installers work late and tell me about the gunshots going off and once seeing a dead guy on the street. Hell, Milwaukee isn't far behind. It's crazy.

Originally Posted by LoneBone
There is so much bullshit being spouted on this thread.
Most of the talkers wouldn't do ****, other than talk about what they would do. Thanks tho, it IS a winter thread after all....
No way Jack......it's true. Some messes with my ****, I be like -

Cheryl is even worse than me -

The following 2 users liked this post by nevada72:
Cap77 (02-08-2020), LoneBone (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020 | 05:56 PM
Gumball
Intermediate
Old 02-08-2020 | 06:14 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

If someone is stealing your motorcycle, you have the right to legally detain them until the authorities are summoned. Auto theft (attempt) is a property crime at best, and if you try to stop them, and they overcome your presence with force, then it is a strongarm robbery. Perhaps a theft from person the way Chicago reports crime. It would be hard to prove deadly force as justifiable in any case. Putting your gun to someone's head is Aggravated Assault on your part. Pistol whipping them is aggravated battery with a weapon. Basically, for the CCW holder your life or another's needs to be found in imminent danger. On the street, it's one thing. On CTA property, It's illegal to CCW on Chicago Mass Transit so you risk charges your self.
You’re preaching to the choir man. I CCW every day and have been in a few ugly, confrontational situations. In every case I try to be the calmest, coolest person you could ever meet.
In my mind if you’re CCW you have an obligation to de-escalate if at all possible. If that fails then it’s time to introduce my hidden friend to the situation. Thankfully I’ve never had to do that.

The following 3 users liked this post by Bubba Zanetti:
Chicago_FJR (02-12-2020), Hecklerboy (02-11-2020), One Wire (02-10-2020)
Old 02-08-2020 | 06:28 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

there isnt anyone out there that would pistol whip anyone.at least not a public place. hell i wouldnt even think of that. now if you hit somone and they come at you and you pull a gun you better be willing to pull the trigger. in FL we have a stand your ground law. meaning if someone is comming at you ,you have the right to protect yourself. if you choose that way after pulling a trigger you just might as well call the cops and sit down, and expect to go to jail. and you better hope anybody that was there is your friend, and not his or who ever it was. its easy to say something its a whole nother ballgame to do it..

Old 02-08-2020 | 07:05 PM
Long lonesome highwayman
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by F150HD
Issue w/ cracking him in the jaw while he's on your bike is the bike may go over when he goes down.

OTOH OP....if this were a hot drunk chick crawling on your bike in front of a bar getting their juices all over it, would you have an issue w/ that?
I've seen a hot chick sit on my bike plenty of times if I park my Sportster someplace. Once it was 2 hot chicks. It doesn't matter though if I have an issue with it or not, because before I can say anything to them I wake up.

The following 3 users liked this post by Long lonesome highwayman:
downzero (07-30-2023), EGS (02-12-2020), Kawickrice (02-18-2020)
Old 02-08-2020 | 07:16 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Chicago IS a violent city. Highest murder rate in the nation for years...
Not even in the top 10, and hasn't been for a while.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 02-08-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2020 | 07:18 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

"I thought Baltimore was #1. Chicago is bad. I do a lot of business down there. Some of it in not so nice neighborhoods like near the University of Chicago. I've had installers work late and tell me about the gunshots going off and once seeing a dead guy on the street. Hell, Milwaukee isn't far behind. It's crazy."

Baltimore is higher in per capita homicides because it is such a small city. Chicago leads on homicides overall last time I checked. Ahead of New York and LA. 2019 was an overall good year for them at just over 500. Multiple victim shootings are on the rise too. Modern EMT's can save many of them or the rate would be much higher. Shootings are at an all time high all over the country, but medical techs are credited with keeping homicides way down. 30 years ago if you got shot, you were picked up and transported. Now you are stabilized with advanced life support and sent to a trauma center. Air lifting is common in less urban areas now.
It's getting crazy all over....I don't like being in crowds anymore, but you cant stick your head in the sand either....

Last edited by SirHarley; 02-08-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2020 | 07:23 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Cool

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Not even in the top 10, and hasn't been for a while.
You have to look at overall homicides vs.per capita numbers. Baltimore 344 vs. Chicago 517 Not per capita numbers. Chicago calls many "Death Investigations" until a coroner says otherwise. By then the news is no longer interested and its back to bashing Trump.

Interesting website with totals and related shooting videos.

https://heyjackass.com/

https://heyjackass.com/

Last edited by SirHarley; 02-08-2020 at 07:30 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SirHarley:
blap (02-09-2020), deadhawg (02-09-2020), krabun (02-09-2020)

Quick Reply: People sitting on your bike without asking.