General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF Member of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 05:16 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the MOM club!! Glad to have you aboard. First off:
Welcome Home
Thank You For Your Service

Sail....gotta be honest... I did too. My thoughts were Vietnam era, jungles, unbuttoned shirt, and the belts and gun. Those guys had a helluva job. Thanks Jerry for doing this.

Welcome Again!!

The following users liked this post:
sailmotion (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Longobard
Tourer
Received 133 Likes on 88 Posts

@60Gunner
congratulations. Well deserving M.O.M. I really do appreciate your participation and zeal for doing (what ever task) the best way. That’s one heck of a build underway.

PS super jealous of the lift in the dining room.

Old 02-04-2022, 01:05 PM
crtfibl
Grand HDF Member
Received 8,699 Likes on 2,905 Posts

Congrats, Jerry. Well deserved!

Old 02-04-2022, 01:08 PM
robarosa
Road Master
Received 560 Likes on 391 Posts

Congrats Jerry. Liked your story. Showed picture of your bike in the house to wife. She said nooooo way. hahaha You the man.

Old 02-04-2022, 05:30 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 16,958 Likes on 8,626 Posts

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Wow thanks everyone! It was quite the surprise when Buzz first contacted me. Thought he was joking. He's quite the writer too. Definitely missed his calling, huh?
As for my makeshift work shop, I always wanted to bring it in the house and figured why not. Beats trying to heat the garage and it's been brutally cold this winter here. This is a long, drawn out total rebuild too so I'm glad I did.
Anyway, wow yeah. I'm at a loss for words and that doesn't happen often! lol But thanks everyone. Thus is an awesome forum and I hope I give it half as much as I've gotten from it at least.

​​​

​​​​​​
Hey Gunner, I remember one time out at sea the Chief Gunners Mate brought out a bunch of firearms to the fantail where we could shoot some rounds of old ammo to get rid of. I was a young and skinny 19 year old then, but I just HAD to shoot a BAR, so the Chief picked one out for me. `Showed me all about it told me NOT to do automatic fire... I didn`t at first, but when I thought I was used to that heavy sumbitch, I thought I could handle it, so the Chief was close by "just in case"... Well, you know the rest.. That weapon began to have a mind of its own, and began scooting my skinny *** backwards until the Chief rescued me (and everyone else). He then handed me a 1911 .45 and I did a lot better, even though my skivvies were still a moist brown.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:58 AM
Oko
Club Member
Received 4,315 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Congrats on your MOM honor!

Ft. Drum, a place where you can be neck deep in mud, and still get sand blown in your teeth. When the big freeze ends of course.

It’s only 77-miles north of me. So in your honor….

Old 02-07-2022, 11:51 AM
soldierbot
Supporter
Received 103,009 Likes on 25,963 Posts

Congratulations, Jerry.... a great writeup, and the photos are most excellent.

BuzzCap7 (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 03:23 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,747 Posts

congrats jerry on MOM.. iam so jealous you got your bike in the house

Old 02-15-2022, 04:46 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
Hey Gunner, I remember one time out at sea the Chief Gunners Mate brought out a bunch of firearms to the fantail where we could shoot some rounds of old ammo to get rid of. I was a young and skinny 19 year old then, but I just HAD to shoot a BAR, so the Chief picked one out for me. `Showed me all about it told me NOT to do automatic fire... I didn`t at first, but when I thought I was used to that heavy sumbitch, I thought I could handle it, so the Chief was close by "just in case"... Well, you know the rest.. That weapon began to have a mind of its own, and began scooting my skinny *** backwards until the Chief rescued me (and everyone else). He then handed me a 1911 .45 and I did a lot better, even though my skivvies were still a moist brown.
Funny you mention that. I once had the timing and headspace off on my 60. We were dug in during jungle training in Panama. I opened up on a live fire exercise with 3 or 4 100rd belts linked together. 10,12,15 round bursts cuttin' down trees. I let off the trigger after several good bursts and the thing kept firing! All by itself! I'm freakin'. My AG bails out of the foxho!e as the barrel is starting to glow red! He's afraid she's gonna blow. Quite frankly so was I but I finally got the long *** belt I had put together broke and it ran out of ammo before disaster struck! True story. Needless to say that baby went to armor to get the headspace and timing fixed. I was a little leary about putting together such long *** belts after that!
​​​​​​

hvacgaspiping (03-01-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 04:48 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by Oko
Congrats on your MOM honor!

Ft. Drum, a place where you can be neck deep in mud, and still get sand blown in your teeth. When the big freeze ends of course.

It’s only 77-miles north of me. So in your honor….

To my fallen brothers:
Nobody asks to be a hero... sometimes it just turns out that way.
Hooha! Right of the Line!

Last edited by 60Gunner; 02-15-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: HDF Member of the Month