General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF Member of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 09:21 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Welcome aboard! Well deserved! Oh, btw, a '62 Vette is still my favorite year, ever!

The following users liked this post:
kel03 (09-05-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 12:44 PM
ve9aa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 399 Posts

WTG Kel !

kel03 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:13 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Congrats t the newest MoM!

kel03 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 06:29 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

Well, this is my last night as MoM and like thank all those that have passed on there grats. Buzz, take it easy ripping off my tag. I'd also like to really thank Mark AKA "Buzzcap7" for his as usual great write up. I'm not a wordy guy, but there should be a Moderator of the Month, he'd be first in my books. As for the other moderators, kudos to them for keeping this a great forum to participate in and keep things in line. Takes a lot of time for sure, well wth that said, cya in the forums.

The following 5 users liked this post by kel03:
BelchFire (10-07-2021), BuzzCap7 (09-30-2021), CoolBreeze3646 (09-30-2021), Daniel58 (09-30-2021), Grandma1956 (09-30-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 06:53 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,940 Likes on 4,977 Posts

Originally Posted by kel03
Well, this is my last night as MoM and like thank all those that have passed on there grats. Buzz, take it easy ripping off my tag. I'd also like to really thank Mark AKA "Buzzcap7" for his as usual great write up. I'm not a wordy guy, but there should be a Moderator of the Month, he'd be first in my books. As for the other moderators, kudos to them for keeping this a great forum to participate in and keep things in line. Takes a lot of time for sure, well wth that said, cya in the forums.
Not that you're not trying, you can't be the MOM, another time, so quit kissing up!!!

kel03 (10-01-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 08:25 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,912 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Congratulations again, kel.

Mark was the very first Member of the Month. The first Moderator of the Month would be a very challenging call to make. Both Mark and Sarah are very worthy of that honor as are all the Moderators and Administrators.

The following 3 users liked this post by Bone Doc:
BelchFire (10-07-2021), harleycharlie1992 (10-01-2021), kel03 (09-30-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 10:24 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Awesome kel, nothing short of awesome. To be able to compliment another and so freely as you did above my friend, that speaks volumes about you and the kind of person you are.

And b4 someone says it.......no, we are not going to "get a room".
Spoiler

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
Not that you're not trying, you can't be the MOM, another time, so quit kissing up!!!
What? Who let you out?!?!?! You get back here........... He can kiss up all he wants. (Tho I certainly did not see it like that.) Don't you need to take your hot dog for a ride in the stang somewhere? Like see if u can make it over a mile long stretch of quicksand?

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Congratulations again, kel.

Mark was the very first Member of the Month. The first Moderator of the Month would be a very challenging call to make. Both Mark and Sarah are very worthy of that honor as are all the Moderators and Administrators.
You knocked it outta the ballpark BoneyDoc. You are 100% RIGHT! Also, I was blown away, totally blown away to be honored being the 1st MOMmie. Hell, add being made a MODder on top of that, that is waaaaaaaaaay over the top.

It has been what? Just over 1 1/2 years or so and I am still on cloud 9 with the honors bestowed on me. It truly is still one of those "pinch me I can't believe it" moments that just does not go away.

And YES, regarding all the Admin/Mod's and our rep Robb........... you will not, not, not, not, not, not, not find a better group of guys/gals to work with and be associated with. The dedication they have, the amount of work that goes on no one sees (mostly correcting me from screwing up ) but really, THEY are AMAZING!! THEY keep this site up and running so phenomenally well and successfully.

Without the great behind the scenes guys and the MOM participant, it is REALLY what helps make this place, HDF a GREAT GREAT GREAT place.

THANK YOU to all the MOM participants and EVERYONE else. I LOVE coming here and being a part of great comments like your BoneyDoc, kel's above and HC1992 <-- well, not so much him. (Ok, b4 I get hate mail, yes, HC1992 too.)
LOVE YOU ALL! -- THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE!!! -- LOVE YOU ALL!

The following 5 users liked this post by BuzzCap7:
Bone Doc (10-01-2021), CoolBreeze3646 (10-01-2021), harleycharlie1992 (10-01-2021), kel03 (10-01-2021), sailmotion (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 06:36 AM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 22,007 Likes on 7,623 Posts

And now we await, with bated breath, the crowning of the next MoM.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:38 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolBreeze3646
And now we await, with bated breath, the crowning of the next MoM.
Yea, been up since 6 am waiting

Old 10-01-2021, 07:19 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

CONGRATULATIONs to
hvacgaspiping aka Bruce Payton
for being our official 19th HDF MOM
for the month of September, 2021.

Bruce, though sadly a widower since 2011, happily fathered 3 children (that he knows of.)

Brian age 38.

Farah age 44.

Danella age 47.

The photo below is of Bruce’s son Brian during his advancement ceremony to the rank of Major in the National Guard.

hvacgaspiping is especially proud of his son’s advancement since Bruce himself was in the US NAVY from 1964 – 1968. As others have said, with hindsight being 20/20, he wishes he stayed in the NAVY and turned his four-year military hitch into a career.

The Payton family loves, loves, loves playing practical jokes on one another. No one or place is off limits for a practical joke, so there was a never ending shroud of mystery on when someone would be……….well………..the next victim.

Living with the Paytons is most likened to living in a house full of “Pink Panther and Kato” on steroids.

It took 4 years and 11 trips by the local police before the neighbors learned to ignore gun shots (blanks), flashing lights and blood curdling screams.

The limits of practical jokes? Well, there weren’t any. Practical jokes were played upon one another from the time the little ones could walk up to their leaving the proverbial nest. Oooops, I misspoke. Up to the children leaving the nest “and beyond” was still considered “fair game” as you will see below.

One time Bruce’s kids had had enough with (so poetically phrased) “dad’s ****”. So, during a family gathering at a cabin on a lake, everyone stayed up late having a grand ole time laughing, telling stories and reminiscing. When everyone went to bed for the evening and all was “safe and sound,” dad decided to turn in.

With a full house at the lake cabin, good ole dad was left to sleep in a cot in the middle of the cabin floor. All is well. Dad nestled in tired from a full day of loving family activities. He closed his eyes (which was his first error) and drifted off to a comforting deep sound sleep.

Briefly.

Unknown to dad, his kids deviously put together a practical joke for “dear ole dad.”

With the greatest of stealth his kids got together and wrapped Dad in an industrial strength shrink wrap, tightly encompassing the entire cot and dads body totally from his neck down to his feet.

Dad woke up and literally was unable to move. He could hardly move his eyeballs that were practically popping out of his head he was wrapped so tight. Reaching for his pocket knife in his pants was not happening. Dad struggled to breathe and as he could not move a muscle.

After about 1 1/2hrs, which Bruce equates to about 100 lifetimes in his mind, his wife caught wind of the practical joke and starting chewing each and every guilty *** who perpetrated such a feat on dad as she was cutting him loose.

hvacgaspiping knew without a doubt that the nefarious thinking and mastermind of this magnitude could only have been the brainchild of his son Brian. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

What to do, what to do, what to do. Alas, to get Brian the SOB back………hmmmm. Ahh HAH! The light dawns on Bruce.

Dad, in the sneakiest way possible, makes his way out to his sons’ car, and as quietly as possible, unsnaps the dashboard and discharge air grills in his son’s car giving him access to the inside of each of the air frills on each side of the steering wheel.

He took a FULL bottle of baby powder and poured half the bottle into each exhaust vent. HAH! (THAT will get the SOB back.) Dad reinstalls the dashboard pointing the vents directly at the driver.

Prior to leaving the car, he sets the A/C and blower fan on “HIGH.”

Nyah, ahhh haaaaaaa.

At a safe distance away, at the edge of the parking lot, he watches his son Brian start his car followed by a HUGE WHITE CLOUD of baby powder filling up the cabin and woooosh right outside the driver’s side window.

Aaaaaaaaahhh, ever so wonderful, the sweet nectar of revenge.

As Bruce and his wife slide into their car to head home from the cabin, she looked over to him and said, “Play nice with the children. I will never rescue your *** again.”

Bruce’s hobbies are shooting (‘juss don’t go shooting with him after playing practical jokes) and model airplane flying which may include chasing hawks on occasion.

He likes tinkering with mechanical repairs of all kinds and on occasion he enjoys going out on HVAC calls.

Being retired, he enjoys driving a school bus. Especially those “…happy go lucky 3rd graders who crack me up.” They are just so much fun.

Well, then again, there was that one time when a tree branch came flying at Bruce.
Bruce’s motorcycle riding career pretty much spans 20 years spread throughout his life until back in 2015 when he had to finally “pull the plug” permanently. Due to being up in age and the fear of those increasingly inattentive drivers, it crossed a line in Bruce’s mind to say………. “Enough is enough.” We all reach our limits. We all know when to call it. His personal danger/fun ratio line had been exceeded so his riding went into a permanent hold.

In total, dad has owned 4 bikes. His favorite was his (as seen below) 1961 Harley-Davidson FLH Duo-Glide S64 EJ Cole Collection 2015.
Bruce had two very memorable rides.One was back in 1966 while he was in the NAVY on leave.He rode a 305 Honda 1,655 miles one way from his home town in Ohio, down to Key West. THAT was an awesome ride.Also, that was when he was much younger and knocking off 1,655 miles with the greatest of ease was a joy.

His second most memorable ride was on his ’61 FLH Duo-Glide which was very smooth and easy on the butt. Being up in age, riding it long distance was not much of an option. He very proudly rode it about 200 miles one way to Dallas, TX and then back.

hvagaspiping would like to make it clear that he truly enjoys coming here to HD Forums for the camaraderie he finds here with most of the HDF Members. And to see repeatedly all over the website how so much wonderful information is being dispensed from one rider to another in all of the many different forums.

Riders helping riders. Where else do you see such genuine helping from the very technical to the very general “How to’s.” literally every day, every day, every day of the year. THIS is amazing and enjoyable to witness and be a part of when he can.

From The HD Staff
CONGRATULATIONs hvacgaspiping.

If you would like to recommend a future MOM, please PM BuzzCap7. Thank you...

The following 18 users liked this post by BuzzCap7:
Bartender (10-08-2021), BelchFire (10-07-2021), Bone Doc (10-01-2021), Cosmic Razorback (12-10-2021), Daniel58 (10-01-2021), DaveE (10-18-2021), Grandma1956 (10-01-2021), Hairy Larry (10-01-2021), harleycharlie1992 (10-01-2021), hvacgaspiping (10-02-2021), Imold (10-02-2021), Juan L (10-01-2021), kel03 (10-01-2021), MikeBel (10-06-2021), MyFavRk (10-09-2021), OKMICK (10-01-2021), Piloto (10-06-2021), Uncle Larry (10-01-2021) and 13 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: HDF Member of the Month