General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas dealers that sell at MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:41 PM
RUSH_MC1
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas dealers that sell at MSRP

I am looking to trade in my FLTRI on a new FXDF Fat Bob but will only pay MSRP, seeing how they only want to offer blue book for my trade in. Anyone know of a good dealer in Texas that will still sell at MSRP? thanks jerry

Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
ladodgerdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Texas dealers that sell at MSRP

How about "any" dealer that sells MSRP. I would be willing to drive to save a couple thousand.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Navychief
Road Warrior

Don't think dealers ever heard of MSRP

Old 07-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

It's gonna be tough to find a dealer to buy your trade at MSRP.
That would only mean they would have to sale your bike at more than MSRP for the trade to make sense to them.
While it's not impossible, I think asking for MSRP on a trade is darn near unrealistic.

Consider selling it yourself.
It would be easier to find a buyer wanting to pay MSRP for your bike than it would be finding a dealer willing to lose money on a trade.

FWIW, my closest dealer in San Antonio (not far from you) is Caliente Harley and they were very fair on my last trade. Let me know, shoot me a PM or something and I'd be happy to get you hooked up with a sales guy there that is a straight shooter.
Especially let me know if your coming this way, I'd be glad to help any way I can.
(In case your wondering: I am NOT an employee for Caliente. )

Old 07-18-2007, 01:14 PM
shearpinn
Cruiser

Without knowing where in TX (if y'all hadnt been made aware, its a big state), I bought my 06 SG in Feb 06 to compliment the Fatboy for MSRP at American Eagle HD in Denton County (north of DFW). At the time Ft Worth HD and Texas HD (mid-cities) were higher - few months later they were MSRP...guess too many peopl like many driving past them to get a deal. Kent HD in Abiline - have friends who drove to FW to avoid him cause he wouldnt take the effort to order a black duece...a black 1... you could trip over a blk duece in 05.

I had a great experience with AE HD - try giving Rod Deana call. Longhorn HD in Grand Pairie - dont know their price but they changed ownership (was owned by same family as FW and TX and I avoided giving those uncaring owners anymore of my money). A friend told me about Longhorns change and i now get what warranty service i need there - been good.

I have heard since i bought mine that Red River HD in Iowa Park (near Wichita Falls) was a place topossibly get under MSRP.

FYI - if you really wanted to travel, I was just at the NewRiver Gorge in WV and stopped in New River Gorge HD in Hico, they were selling 07 SGs for less then I paid for my 06.

Now I have no idea how this pertains tothe 08s. It just seems with HDs credit offer on 06s & 07s, thatthe demand and their increase production numbers have made it more of a buyers market then it has been when they could getMSRP + $5k

Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
lschultz
Road Master

I bought my 07 about 2 wks ago maybe 3 at Gruene HD(Johnny was salesman)for MRSP.They did not have all them bullshit fees some of these other dealers(Austin) come up with.They showed me there little book for used motorcycles and thats the price they gave me on mine for a trade in. If they sell at msrp they ain't gonna give you top top dollar on yours when you trade in. Better off selling it yourself if you take the time.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
MortgageGuy
Cruiser

Here's another plug for American Eagle HD in Corinth, TX(north side of Dallas/Fort Worth) www.americaneaglehd.com. Bought mine from Bryan Tynes. They were worth the drive from Oklahoma in '05. I've heard several good things about Formans HD in Stillwater, OK also. Good luck.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

Ohhh shoot.
I misunderstood this thread.
After re-reading it, I think I get it.
I thought you were trying to get full retail on your trade-in.

Man, still come to San Antonio.
I see nothing but MSRP for '07's around here...not just at Caliente either

Now that I got my head out of my backside, let me re-extend the offer.
PM me if you're coming down to San Antonio.

For those wondering where RUSH_MC1 is located: check the profile folks.
I think Cedar Park is not too far north of Austin -- no?

Old 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

A friend of mine just purchased a Road King from Caliente in San Antonio. He swears up and down that they had the best deals of any other dealer that he had checked out by far. Might be worth looking into?

Old 07-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Blackmouth
I see nothing but MSRP for '07's around here...not just at Caliente either
Actually, for '07's at the American Eagle HD (and the other dealership owned by the same family in Carrollton) they are taking a little less than MSRP. Not much less, but they have a $750 off any big twin.

I'm actually heading in on Friday to trade out one motorcycle and sign the paperwork for an '07 Springer Classic. I was originally planning to wait a little while longer to get a Softail, but given that the Springer is gone for '08, and the 2.99% interest rate HD is offering I'm taking the plunge now.

I'm not sure if you, Rush, were looking at MSRP on any new motorcycle, or only an '08. I have no idea what price they are selling '08's for.

Quick Reply: Texas dealers that sell at MSRP