General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to find new dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM
squid
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to find new dealer?

How many chances do you give them,before you go dealer shopping.I mean for service.My dealer doesn't list stuff I tell them is wrong.A whine I hear,and told them about, wasn't even listed on my reciept.Last oil change,I brought my own oil,the goof service writer had to call me at home 15 min. after I gave it to him,to see if I left it. This is with no one else there,15 min. after I handed it to him.The latest was a warranty part they ordered came in,and they never told me.I think they could fukk up a one car funeral.By the way,the dealer is City limits,the old Suburban.And I have had similar BS at Wildfire.Their always sorry,But I can't stand sorry assed MF's.And a week doesn't go by,that I don't get a flyer stating what GREAT service they have. TOTAL B.S.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master
Default RE: Time to find new dealer?

Ultimately it's not about how many chances you give them.
It's about shopping around as soon as you've lost patience with them.
Sounds like you may be there already.

If working on the bike yourself is not an option, find another dealer or, better yet, maybe a good indy. Don't know how much you still have on your warranty but don't be a complete azz to the dealer (though they may deserve it) because you may still need to go in there for parts or warranty work in the future.

Good luck on your search. Hopefully you've got more than just the2 dealers you mentioned in your area. Usually, the greater the number of dealerships, the greater thenumber ofindy's!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you already know what needs to be done - good luck!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:34 PM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

1 chance to do it right, 1 chance to do it wrong. Now that I own the bike? Never a reason to go to a "dealer"... Don't want to
"deal" with them. Go to an independent, do "business" with him/her, and be treated like a "customer" not a bother.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GOSTAZ

1 chance to do it right, 1 chance to do it wrong. Now that I own the bike? Never a reason to go to a "dealer"... Don't want to
"deal" with them. Go to an independent, do "business" with him/her, and be treated like a "customer" not a bother.
Bingo! Dealers are looking for customers, indys are looking for relationships.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This past yr I had the dealer I bought from do more wrenching on my bike than Ive ever let happen before.Big mistake by me!My bike was also a lab rat for Hd over the clatter noises these 07 have,another mistake I made.Combining the top two was absolutely stupid on my part.Those days are over.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had excellent luck with my dealer and service department.
But- one thing i do to make it easier on them and my sanity in the long run is to write what i want done, include any coments i have(not a book) and include the bike,my name and phone number and hand it to them. They always type it in their system anyway but they also always attach my paper to the work order. Just an idea that may help you and them also.