General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Chock

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Bdeuce12
Tourer
Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Wheeldock here in my garage!

Old 12-17-2019, 03:34 PM
bburky
Road Warrior
Received 883 Likes on 381 Posts

I have a wheel chock for each bike, they are nice to have , but I really want a table lift...only one will suffice,...please mrs santa.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:51 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Was thinking about getting chocks like this for each bike in my garage, to keep them upright, and make it easier to get them in and out of the garage, and hold them up better for maintenance, too. But then, my wife pretty much gave her bike to our son, so now there's only 1 bike in the garage, so space is no longer limited. Still, it might be nice for maintenance, but is that convenience worth the cost? Who knows?

Old 12-17-2019, 06:10 PM
Zonktified
Tourer
Received 216 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
The Condor Chock is nice, but a little pricy for my wallet.

For lifting the bike off the ground a few inches and making it level for service and detailing I use a V-lift. Check out: http://thevlift.com/

Very stable. Easy for for me, a 77 year old small rider, to lift my SGS with no difficulty. And, easy to store when not in use.

The price was not too bad either.
Hey Franks, thanks for the link, thats a pretty slick stand. To be honest I’ve seen a few vids on the use of a chock and am a bit concerned with wrestling a 850# RG out of it and also adding mounts to the garage floor so it doesn’t move during loading.

Does anyone have any feedback on that aspect of using the chock on the garage concrete floor?

Old 12-17-2019, 06:20 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,323 Likes on 1,449 Posts

Originally Posted by Zonktified
Hey Franks, thanks for the link, thats a pretty slick stand. To be honest I’ve seen a few vids on the use of a chock and am a bit concerned with wrestling a 850# RG out of it and also adding mounts to the garage floor so it doesn’t move during loading.

Does anyone have any feedback on that aspect of using the chock on the garage concrete floor?
The Condor chock has holes at the ends of the base "legs" that can be used for securing it. You could use wedge type concrete anchors. If you want to move the chock, you can unbolt it and screw some barrel nuts onto the anchors to protect the threads.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:27 PM
user 9370
Banned
Received 834 Likes on 270 Posts

I have this one: https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...on-wheel-chock

If you're military or a first responder (or retired military/first responder) they offer discounts.

Ray

Old 12-17-2019, 07:24 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,834 Likes on 2,548 Posts

Many years ago I bought a Baxley chock for my SuperGlide, the front wheel rides over center and the is locked in to place by the rotating part. I tried putting the Road Glide in the Baxley unit and trying to back out the 850# bike was a challenge. since then I have purchased a Wheeldock unit, minimal roll on height (3/8th of an inch) very easy to back out and is locked in to the chock, nothing going over center and rocking the front wheel into a chock. Also purchased a scissors jack with a wide table and footing for getting the wheels off the ground for cleaning.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:43 PM
Oakers3
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,787 Likes on 917 Posts

I have three bikes side by side. ZX14, Heritage Softail Classic and Ducati. Straight up it saves room too. Drive in. It grabs the front wheel and I walk away. Baxley. I get the $199 one and wait for 15% off like it is now. I look at the oil before I leave because it's all level.
See link below. I always check it on Amazon, Ebay and go with the cheapest route. Most of the time 15% off direct is cheapest.

Discount Ramps

Last edited by Oakers3; 12-17-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:36 AM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,297 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Again....if the chock you are looking at has a rocker to drive over and back out of, that heavy old bike is going to be PITA to get in and out of.... consider Wheel Dock...or at least look at them. I had HF chock for my Sportster and it worked well. When I started pulling the chock out of the garage trying to get my Street Glide out, I knew it was time to change. I did not want to drill holes in my garage floor, and did not want to try to use a work around like sheet of plywood to help hold the chock...so I opted for the Wheel Dock. Simple...ride/push on, then step on release lever and gently back out. Simple operation.
But..... good luck on your decision. This is my opinion...and you may come up with a plan that works!!!

Old 12-18-2019, 08:21 AM
Lastride
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a wheel dock and a condor, the condor hangs on the wall. The wheel dock is easy to roll into and out of.

Quick Reply: Garage Chock