General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cops, Full Uniform, No Helmet. Your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:04 PM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cops, Full Uniform, No Helmet. Your thoughts?

ORIGINAL: Domestic Violence

ORIGINAL: greyhd
They were obviously not wearing seatbelts while cruising around in the publics view. I called the shift supervisor that night.
jesus christ
I have to agree with Domestic Violence on this one. Guys like greyhd should get a tag everytime they get stopped. What's good for the goose is good for the gander...........

I just can't believe it when I read that Police Officers should be held to a higher standard. That standard should be held high by the officer not the general public. The higher standard should be set by the officer to show the pride he or she has for their position. Not the higher standared that really translates into "someone's opinion" of how the officer should behave. Most of the people I hear talking about holding the officers to a higher standard don't want that same higher standard applied to themselves........

Old 07-17-2007, 11:10 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: TM

Hey Z whats even funnier is when this topic was brought up in another thread by the same author the point was made that the STICKER is OPTIONAL andis is not a requirement. As a matter of fact if one should get the notion to do a search for said prior thread I think they will find thatsomeone even copied and pasted the actual statute in the thread with an emphasis on the sticker being OPTIONAL. I may be wrong but thats what I remember.

If its optional its optional, period.Doesn't optional apply to LEO"s?

ORIGINAL: zombie

How quickly we digress; from a LEO breaking a traffic law (is it even a traffic law or a civil violation?) to a bunch of sorry punch in punch out cops (not my words).

I’m sorry, but cops get a pass from me on a lot of things. Anyone willingly putting themselves in danger for our safety can get away with not having a $5.00 sticker on their scoot in my opinion. Don’t think I’m going to lose any sleep over that one.

I know I’m gonna get some flack with this one, but with all the laws on the books, it’s ridiculous to think that a cop will know every nuance of the law; we’ve had threads in here where LEO’s have pulled over scoots with modulating head lamps because they thought they were illegal…and these are traffic cops. There’s nothing sayin this LEO was even a traffic cop, it might be that he was simply unaware of this law (just as TxHarley was before he was pulled over).

I think this is part of the problem, instead of thanking the officers for standing up for the sheeple who are unwilling or unable to stand up for themselves, we pick the LEO’s apart on trivialities like not having a $5.00 sticker.

I'm sure none of you guys have ever been cut a break from a LEO https://www.hdforums.com/m_1919014/tm.htm

Sorry guys, I give this guy a pass.
So basically what you're saying TM, this entire thread is a moot point? Optional...go figure.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:56 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider
Someone seems a little perturbed that they were pulled over once and asked to show proof of adequate medical insurance coverage. Get over it.
Not in the least. You couldn't be further off on that one. I had simply made an observation and was soliciting opinions toward same. That said, I think it's time to stick a fork in this one........

Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread has taken it's course.Thanks for playing