General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOVE RIDE 24

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts
Default LOVE RIDE 24

I always try to make this ride every Novemeber. It's the largest one day charity ride in the world. Last year it raised 1.7 mil for all the various charities that the foundation supports. There is as many as 15,000 bikes on the road at the same time during this ride...if you've never been it's a blast! Check it out: http://loveride.org/

Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
alexcue
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOVE RIDE 24

They changed it up this year and are turning it into a California bikefest. It's a 3 day thing at Pomona Fairplex, no longer going up to the lake this year.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:40 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: alexcue

They changed it up this year and are turning it into a California bikefest. It's a 3 day thing at Pomona Fairplex, no longer going up to the lake this year.
Alex,

I saw something about the Fairplex and I thought maybe they moved the starting point from Glendale to Pomona. Are you sure about there not being a ride any longer?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:55 PM
alexcue
Road Master

Ride is from Glendale to Fairplex. I'm working it, so I'll be there the night before.

Owner says he wants to change it up and make it bigger. Demo days, flat track racing, etc. Sounds like fun, but the ride part is from Glendale dealer to Pomona Fairplex. Parking should be better now.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:08 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

Got it. So the venue has changed. What a bummer. A ride from Glendale to Pomona doesn't sound veryinteresting to me, especially since it's only about 35 miles to Pomona from Glendale.From OC, I'd be better off just driving straight to Pomona, especially since I would be back tracking. What a shame they're not having it at Lake Castiac any more. Well it is for a good cause, so I hope it turns out to be a success. Do you know whether or not there will be Preferred Parking like there has been in years past? I like to ride ahead of the 15,000 other bikes on the road, so I always go Preferred.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
alexcue
Road Master

Pretty sure there will be preferred parking, it's worth it! Give me a PM as the date draws near and I'll keep you posted.

Had fun last year, but the problem with the lake was the lack of entrances. Everyones being funneled into what... 2 places? You were with the smart ones and just left early. The other bright ones are the ones that get in about 3am and are first in line! FIFO always works. I'm sure there will be some hitches as they work out the logistics (first year there and all), but the fair's been handling serious traffic for years, so it'll all work out.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

Yes. That's true. Pomona can definitely handle the traffic and there were lots of complaints from people about the parkig situation atCastiac. Engines and clutches ran hot waiting in those long lines just waiting for parking. That was not a highlight that I enjoyed. I will keep in touch with you about the ride as it gets closer. I'm looking forward to it. By the way, what are you doing for the event?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts

Wife and I went for years. Castaic is about 10 minutes up the road from here, so we stopped the Glendale run a while back. Too many bikers up all night partying. Stopped altogether 2 years ago. I know it is for charity, but 70 bucks a head was getting a little steep for a 1 day affair. Didn't know they moved the venue either. Will have to give it another try. The 210 to Pomona is better than I-5 to Castaic. See you guys up there.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:49 PM
alexcue
Road Master

I do what ever they want me to do. Last year was setting up the baricades and handling the traffic coming into the staging area in Glendale. May try something different this year in setting up the stage or something.

It's all for charity and a good cause. I've been lucky for 42 years, i feel like it's time to give a little back to some people less fortunate than me and my family. Since I'm not richest person in the land i figure my time is worth something to them

Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: alexcue

I do what ever they want me to do. Last year was setting up the baricades and handling the traffic coming into the staging area in Glendale. May try something different this year in setting up the stage or something.

It's all for charity and a good cause. I've been lucky for 42 years, i feel like it's time to give a little back to some people less fortunate than me and my family. Since I'm not richest person in the land i figure my time is worth something to them
C'mon man! You look rich to me...what with that cute looking lady on your arm, expensive house and fancy car in your driveway. You must be rolling in it! I totally agree about giving back.You seem like my kind of people, I hope maybe we can meet sometime.