General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:32 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

I was just rereading the lane splitting thread and it dawned on me. I actually have gotten away without a ticket once that I can remember. Amazing. I used to continually have something on my driving record as a result of riding motorcycles. I was pulled over for speeding but was going the same speed as everyone aroune me. I ran the meter light getting on the freeway and there was a LEO behind me. I got in a wreck which goes on my record and raised the insurance regardless of whose fault it was in CA. On and on it goes. But I actually was let go before as well. Scootergrrl is always telling me she got pulled over but just got a warning. Well, me too...Well, I am not as stupid as I used to be anymore as I have had a clean record for nearly two years and I plan on keeping it this way. It is amazing that when I don't break laws I don't get tickets. True revelation.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:41 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I was just rereading the lane splitting thread and it dawned on me. I actually have goten away without a ticket once that I can remember. Amazing. I used to continually have something on my driving record as a result of riding motorcycles. I was pulled over for speeding but was going the same speed as everyone aroune me. I ran the meter light getting on the freeway and there was a LEO behind me. I got in a wreck which goes on my record and raised the insurance regardless of whose fault it was in CA. On and on it goes. But I actually was let go before as well. Scootergrrl is always telling me she got pulled over but just got a warning. Well, me too...Well, I am not as stupid as I used to be anymore as I have had a clean record for nearly two years and I plan on keeping it this way. It is amazing that when I don't break laws I don't get tickets. True revelation.
LOL, I have been warned a few times.. But It is the tickets you get where they should have been warnings that are a crapper. like 2 over in a 35MPH zone.. hell 2 over... give me a break.
I have on the flip side had some warning that should have been big tickets as well.. so it all evens out I guess.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Davesurf
Cruiser

I got pulled over on the 5 south for doing 84mph, I only had my motorcycle permit at the time. The CHP Officers first 2 questions to me were, "Do you have any warrents for your arrest, and are you on parole?" He was profiling me, ran my record, I informed I was scheduled to take the riding test at the DMV next week, he let me go with a warning.

I pormptly got my license

Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM
helixhippie
Road Master

I have no idea why but I have been pulled over at least 15 times in the last 5 years & received only 1 ticket.
Last year, I was clocked at 115 mph in a company truck in a 55 mph 4 lane in Oklahoma & talked my way out of it. I've even been pulled over on my bike for speeding, didn't have an endorsemant & still rode away free. It absolutley baffles me. The one ticket I got I was going 78 in a 55. He dropped it to 65 in a 55 just because he was nice. He was running his normal radar spot right next to a huge pig farm & I had seen him many times. I gave him a hard time about picking such a stinky spot & he laughed.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
ohiomotoxer
Tourer

Laughlin River Run a few years ago.
Johnny pulles me over:
over the speaker:

"SHUT OFF THE BIKE"
"HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD"
"WALK BAKWARDS TOWARDS THE CAR"
"ON YOUR KNEES CROSS YOUR LEGS"

I usually tuck a baseball cap in my belt under my shirt, they saw something and thought it was a gun.
They were cool about the whole thing.....

Another time on my GIXXER in cornfield county I decided to wick it up on this totally empty country road.
OOOOps up over a rise was the local Sheriff...........
He lit her up asI went past........about 75 ish.
I pulled over at the next available driveway.
He could not believe I did that.......
Said "Man you had me, no way I could have caught you"
I Said: "You cannot outrun a Motorola" He laughed and gave me a slap on the wrist and told me to slow her down.

I guess having Flemish Giantrabbits as petsgives me good luck

kolja
Cruiser

Never been pulled over on the bike (yet - knock on wood) but I've been pulled over with no ticket quite a few times in the truck. Usually late at night when they're looking for DUIs and I'm the DD... they'd stop anyone for any excuse (5 mph over, burned out licence plate lights, etc), then let me go when they find out I'm not drunk

211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I was just rereading the lane splitting thread and it dawned on me. I actually have goten away without a ticket once that I can remember. Amazing. I used to continually have something on my driving record as a result of riding motorcycles. I was pulled over for speeding but was going the same speed as everyone aroune me. I ran the meter light getting on the freeway and there was a LEO behind me. I got in a wreck which goes on my record and raised the insurance regardless of whose fault it was in CA. On and on it goes. But I actually was let go before as well. Scootergrrl is always telling me she got pulled over but just got a warning. Well, me too...Well, I am not as stupid as I used to be anymore as I have had a clean record for nearly two years and I plan on keeping it this way. It is amazing that when I don't break laws I don't get tickets. True revelation.

I've been pulled over and let go countless numbers of times
in my over 40 years of riding motorcycles. Back in the early
80's I was going 135MPH down I 5 in CA. in the middle of
the night whena CA. Highway Patrol officer pulled up
beside me, he turned his interior light on and shook his
finger at me. I slowed down and he drove away, he never
even pulled me over for it. I could tell you about many more
of them, but this one cop has always struck me as one cool
cop being the only people on I 5 at that time was me and
him...

There is good cops and bad cops, it just depends on the luck
of the draw on any given day!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
stubby
Road Captain

Many moons ago in Birmingham Al. A plug was fowling out and I opened the sporty up, about 80 in a 25, to clear and got caught. As the officer was taking my licence and reg. a car comes around the corner, fast, must have seen the rotating light and hits the curb and the adjacent shrubbery. We are standing there watching this and the driver steps out to the sound of a couple empty beer cans hiting the road. The officer handed back my papers and said "this is your lucky day". I split.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Over the course of my "driving career", I have been stopped probably 10 times. Was ticketed like 8 of em....and deserved every one of em.

The one I fully expected to be ticketed for, I wasn't. I was on my Ninja, some hottie was in a Camaro. Well, I won the impromptu drag race into the middle of the next block, where....

a Cop was parked. (girl in the Camaro saw him, and turned off...biotch)

Anyway, I was in Uniform (was an Army Recruiter at the time), which was in retrospect, very unprofessional on my part to be actin the fool anyway. He ran my D/L, and lo n behold......SUSPENDED. Seems I had a ticket that Iowa had not shown as paid.

Believe it or NOT......He followed me home, with instructions NOT to drive. I lived in a town of like 500 ppl, so it would not be hard for him to keep an eye on me. Also no ticket on the speed violation. He gave me the speech about what I was doin, but went on to say that by the time he picked the radar gun up off of the seat, that I was already on the brakes, having seen him.

In the end, I proved to the state that I HAD in fact paid the ticket that they said I did not pay, and all was good.

He coulda made for a rough weekend for me, but didn't.

Ring Ring: Hello, 1st Sergeant? Um yea.......could you come bail me out of jail?

Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It has happened several times to me, but the one I remember was leaving this woman's house at about 6:00 a.m. - a still cool summer morning that was going to be hot later. I was riding my old Sportster with straight drag pipes and no speedometer and was probably running about 55-60 on an empty 35 mph road between Waterloo and Cedar Falls, IA, when I hear a siren give a little burp behind me. I should add that I had long hair, tattoos, no helmet, etc.

I pulled over and the cop came up to me and said that he had been following me since Buzz' bar trying to get my attention. That was a good couple of miles back. He asks me if I knew how fast I had been going, looks at the bike and says, "well, shoot, you don't even have a speedometer." I apologized, told him it was just a beautiful morning, no one around, etc., being as polite as could be. He went back to his car to run my license.

He came back, asked me if I was heading home, which I was. He then said, "Roger, if I let you go with a warning, I bet you'll slow down and never speed again, right?" And then he laughed. I laughed and said, "well, at least not for the rest of today!" He laughed again, handed me my license and told me to slow down and be safe.

Still one of the coolest exchanges I have had with a cop.

Quick Reply: Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?