General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For all my crazy antics I've never been pulled over for anything, other than once when I got into a scrap at a party and they called the cops and they caught me down the road. Never been busted for a moving violation. Guess they can't pull over what they can't catch. Ride invisible.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Cracker1450
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a clean record for over 12 years, pulled over 4 times in the last 18 months, ticket everytime, 3 times on the bike (speeding), once in the Mustang (failure to make a complete stop). I don't think they believe in giving warnings here in Boise, fricken insurance rates suck now.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Xzapno_Mapcase
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pulled over once. The cop got out of his cruiser and he was only about five foot four. I though I was really in for it, but he just ended up giving me a warning. I was only going seven miles over the speed limit at the time.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CSI
Well.....not responding to the Cop with "WTF do you want" would constitute "the right way to act".

Most times, the more attitude ya give, the more the cop writes.
So true, in general, people who ask for tickets, get them...attitude is everything.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:45 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

In my state FWIW, you are allowed 15 over, (55 mph zone). There isn't a judge on this planet that haven't gone over the speed limit. They are human also.Previous poster stated he got a ticket for 2 mph over the posted limit. I would have gone to court and contested that one, I have seen my judge ream out new officers for writing ridiculous tickets like that. If you PC for a stop, that will work, but dont make a person take time off from work, that just isnt right.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Last time was a year ago, we got pulled over 100 mi east of the Tx state line in La. We were 14 bikes in club formation and LE couldn't resist not hassling us. 3 cars blocked us while one trooper screamed and yelled at our officers riding the lead bikes. We were under the limit the whole way from Ms and heading home. He thought us going back to Texas "WAS A DAMN GOOD IDEA!!" no tickets just about 15 minutes of screaming and carrying on.

Last edited by Mi3ninos; 07-08-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Fnortner
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got pulled over by a lady cop soon after getting my first Harley back in '95. Had no plate, at that time you didn't get a plate right out of the store. She wanted to make sure I had a proof of transaction and insurance, which I had both. Actually very friendly. Haven't had a friendly encounter with a LEO since that I can recall.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 PM
jbg56
Cruiser

I can't even begin to count the times I have been pulled over on my bike, it seems to average about once every week or so, but I have never once gotten a ticket. Once, on Memorial Day, 1990, I got stopped 3 times in less than 2 hours. That being said, every folding knife I have ever owned has been confiscated, Buck, Case, Schrade, even a real nice Gerber Multi-Tool, I would say at least 10 over the years. As I have a CCW, and routinely carry a pistol, I have to show my permit immediately. It has, on a few occasions, gotten pretty dicey. Most of the cops are cool, but a couple State Troopers have pulled their Glocks, and I wound up cuffed and on the ground once while I was being "checked out" by a female trooper who seems to feel the need to overcompensate for her lack of male genitalia.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most memorable time I got off, one of the few, I was out on my Ducati Monster having just installed some pipes on it and was tooling around a lake outside of Dallas on a Farm to Market road. Pretty well taking it easy but I'd run up on cars and then wait until I had a safe chance to pass then make the pass but never had to "Get On It".. At some point I check my mirrors or heard the sirens, cant remember and there is johnny law ... so I pull over.

Were exchanging pleasantries and I just ask him "WHere did you come from?" .... He says I was that car that you passed in the curve on the double yellow..... OOP's! I rememberd him then, it was a left hand curve with a slight bank to it and I could see up the road, there was no oncoming but the curve and straight were only a couple hundred yards... I just dove down into the curve and gave it a bit of throttle and was by him in a blink. At that point I continued to ride like I had some sense ...

ANyhow he tells me the bit about bikes being dangerous and I point out that I was all geared up and etc etc. He let me off without a warning even.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Did 120 through a stop sign on a back road.....Cop turned his lights on and I pulled over. He said he never would have caught up to me and gave me a break for showing enough respect to pull over.....Then said, "slow it down" and let me go.

Quick Reply: Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?