General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:09 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

30+ yrs ago, Mother and I were on our way home from partying most of the afternoon,quite under the weather I might add.got pulled over for speeding,passing a car.The trooper was understanding,was in a little hurry because we were beyond the time we told the babysitter we would be back.He just told me to slow it down and did not want to see me again that night.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:47 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

short and sweet, yes I have about 6 times. Most cops are cool and if you treat them with respect they willsend you on your way with just a warning if your not drunk or did'nt just kill your wife.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 AM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I got caught joy riding in my mothers car. I didn't get a ticket, but I got a stern talking to and a visit from the cop at my house in front of my parents. Since I've been a licensed driver, been pulled over three times and all three times I got a speeding ticket.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/D094672DA2C14CB1AB2DFF271A2C6749.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 AM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ex hubby took off from the house one day in his '69 Nova that was restored and built to the max. He always went to the turn around on the 4 lane, and went back by the house. I was watching....here he came sideways, tires smoking and screaming....in about 5 seconds I saw a highway patrol coming right behind him.....I thought oh well, ticket for sure.....he comes driving up the driveway in about 10 minutes....I say "got you a ticket, didn't ya, huh, huh???" He says nope......my mouth flys open and I asked how in the world he got out of that one....he said he saw the H-P coming up behind him, slammed on his brakes, got out, run around, lifted the hood, and jerked the wire off the carb, and when the H-P walked up to the car, he told him the carb had hung up....Patrol said "Man, I've never seen one do that"....some folks are just lucky.....

Old 07-17-2007, 11:32 AM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend of mine got stopped 3 times in the same week by the same officer in the same spot for doing the same thing (speeding down a hill in town).
Got warnings the first two times.
Third time the officer says "How many warnings do I have to give you?"
My friend replied "Just one more please".
He got another warning.
No chit.
I know the officer.
True story.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:50 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Law Dawg

Been stopped a few times over the years and only got warnings except for 1. Guess it was pay back time. Got stopped in Charleston, SC doing 10 over. The officer came up to me didn't even ask for my license initially, but did ask me if I remembered him ?? Looked at him and said NO ! Well apparently he definately remembered me because I wrote him a ticket about 8 years earlier. Guess trying to get out of it wasn't in the cards that time. Didn't bother going to court just mailed in the fine..
He he he......payback's a bitch, huh????

I have an LEO I'm watchin for.....and I know that one day he will pass thru my town. And, if I am lucky enough....I will return the courtesy he showed me.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Law Dawg
Road Warrior

Your right .. But I can say in all honesty, to this day we are good friends now. about 6 months later he bought the house next door to me and we use to sit out back and drink and laugh about some of the stupid sh#t we did earlier.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In the last 11 years I have been pulled over 5 times and not given a ticket. Being a former LEO and knowing how to act has paid off well.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny how things work out that way.

Years ago, I arrested a guy for DUI. Worst part is, the wreck wasn't his fault. He was stopped at a red light, and a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army rear ended him.

A few months later, that same guy ended up moving in next door to me. He never harbored any ill will over the whole deal, and I ended up helping him out by driving his wife back n forth to the store, while he was in the field, etc. (she didnt have a D/L). We even shared a few beers, and a few laughs over the entire ordeal.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Law Dawg
Road Warrior

When I did write his ticket he wasn't a LEO at the time but a snot nosed college kid with a lawyer dad.

Quick Reply: Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?