General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?

Total, I've been pulled over at least a half dozen times and been given warnings. From expired tags to speeding and running redlights. I've been lucky as hell! Only had two tickets and just one was a moving violation. The first was a bullsh!t ticket last year in my S-10 for being 13" over legal bumper height. The second for running 65mph in a 35mph zone on Dad's Road King back in March when I went back down to Florida for a week.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:53 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got pulled over and just got a warning once. I was doing 80 in a 70.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
helixhippie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cousins tells this great story about a time he was hauling a load into Georgia with his KW. The cop clocked him at 81 in a 65. This really seemed to please the cop & he said, "I been waitin here all day fer a roadrunner like ya'll!!" My cousin said, "Sorry to keep you waiting Sir, I got here as fast as I could!" The cop got to laughing at that so hard, he finally just stepped off the fuel tank, shook his finger & got back in his car.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
helixhippie
Road Master

Ok, 1 more. True story!
I was working in Minn. a few years ago. A local cop was on his cell phone about 5am & he didn't look, he just pulled right out in front of me on an icy road. As I slid, he got on it & dodged left, just missed getting rear ended. I followed him, flagged him over & chewed his ***! He stayed in his car & apologized. I had 2 cell phones at the time, I called one & let it go to voicemail, put the other one in my shirt pocket & recorded the whole thing. Still fun to play at a bar now & then.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26826/459BC65FDC3E4E1AB1426AB19F40CFFB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts

This thread makes me nervous.

So I won't tell you about the tickets I should have gotten but didn't. I need to go find a piece of wood to knock on.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
docsg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming back from PC, Florida and had just crossed into Alabama on a relatively straight two-lane road. There was little traffic and I kicked it up to 75-80 (speed limit 55). I saw a trooper coming at me in the distance and started slowing down and actually gave him a nod as he went by me. I looked in the mirror and saw he had immediately thrown on the lights and was turning around. I simply pulled over and waited for him. He asked the the usual question--"was there a reason I was going 20+ mph over the limit?" I told him the straight up truth which was "no" except for the fun,especially with no windshield." He laughed, looked at my license, noticed my age (63), and took a "walk around" look at my LowRider. Hethen handed me back my license, told me that I was getting a little oldto ride that fast, and to slow down. He then got back in his car, turned around and hauled a$$. The reference to my age didn't insult me a bit--the $140+ ticket would have. Other than that, in 13 years of riding Harleys, that was my only time being stopped with the exception of road blocks where they are checking license, registrations, and insurance.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:39 PM
bobbyd3
Tourer

I thought I was screwed today leaving work, I pull out of the place and decide im taking the long road home so I got on the open road and just opened her up.
Well I forgot that I am now leaving work an hour later due to the recent shift change and the state police barracks up the roadmust have a shift change about that time cause I passed more thana few state police SUV's doing 57 in a 45 but got lucky and none of them came after me

Old 07-16-2007, 02:44 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NEVER!![:@]

Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM
rwagon57
Tourer

1982 on northbound I-5 between San Diego and Oceanside at about 10:00 PM doing 70ish in a 55 MPH zone. A CHP car grew out of the pavement next to me and over the loud speaker said "You better slow down if you don't want a ticket". I rolled off the throttle, waved thank you, and watched him disappear in the darkness ahead. Of course two other times 5 weeks apart I got the stop and the ticket from the same officer.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Was traveling through Brookfield WI.(Suburb of Milwaukee). Saw a trooper on the overpassand started moving. promptly put the blinker on and pulled over. He askedfor DL and Mil ID; I was inuniform walks back to his car comes back a couple of minutes later and lets me go and also tells me which mile markers his coworkers are at.

Quick Reply: Ever been pulled over and not been given a ticket?