General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's soooo tempting

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: It's soooo tempting

go get it !!!

Old 07-15-2007, 07:38 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

They have an 07 Screaming Eagle Road King still sitting at the dealer.....Blue flames....mmmmmmmm

Told hubby I needed that one...no radio but I would live... He thought that was very funny[:@]
You only live once and life is very short!

So what happens to the bike you have? Keep it? Trade it?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Dinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ironhorselady

They have an 07 Screaming Eagle Road King still sitting at the dealer.....Blue flames....mmmmmmmm

Told hubby I needed that one...no radio but I would live... He thought that was very funny[:@]
andyour marriage too, Bev.........

Stay out of the dealers for a while.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 AM
IRready
Road Master

Don't do it Bev. You have a better bike right now. What can it do that yours can't? Really.... maybe a little more convenient, but with all the known problems is it really worth it? You may get a good one or you may get a lemon. It is a fact there are both. Keep you ride as it is a proven. HD is making me wonder as of late. Wait to see the reports on the 08's. Time will tell and the deals will be better. I think you have the best already.[8D]

Old 07-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Dinger

ORIGINAL: ironhorselady

andyour marriage too, Bev.........

Stay out of the dealers for a while.
Probably the best advice....[&:] I was adjusting my shock today though....no help theresigh.

JohnT - To answer your question. I went from riding weekends to riding daily and longer rides then I expected. Been considering a touring bike regardless (I have some back issues too). Not ready to lose the $$$ but want a bit better ride.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell by the tone of some of your recent posts that you have a bad urge. Go ahead and do it.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya, sister! I had a very similar experience this weekend. I too went into the local dealership, and there saw the new 105th anniversary Wide Glide. The thoughts of trading in my Street Bob started forming in about a nano second. Even talked to the salesman about it. Buuuuuut......I went back to the service dept and picked up my bike, looked at it sitting there in all its Denim Black glory, with it's new black air cleaner cover, black finned bridge covers and horn, then I turned the key in the brand new ignition switch {which is why it was there in the first place} and rode off. It was right about 2nd gear all those thoughts of trading her in kinda faded into the hot Arizona wind. And I was at peace with the universe! I hope you are as happy with your decision.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Bluerose

Happy with my decision? I just can't make up my mind.....now I might be happy if I had one of each

Actually as nice as the Road King is...I already decided to wait. Have some other things I need to do with the money.[&:]

Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You owe it to yourself. You've worked hard for what you've got and you deserve it. It's only money, you only live once (unless reincarnation, which I don't believe in,does exist)and I've never seen a trailer hitch on a hearse.
These reasons are why I now am riding again after a long hiatus and I don't regret a thing.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

There's always something that will take your money. Grab life while you can--go get the darn bike and put a smile on your face--and your back as well. Don't get old and have a lot of regrets. Yes, it's money, but you'll thank yourself in the long run. As always, Bev, it's your call. And I'm not a frivolous, spend money while you got it in hand kind of guy either.

Quick Reply: It's soooo tempting