Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Natchez Trace Parkway Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:44 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Natchez Trace Parkway Ride

Any recommendations for a trip starting in Nashville on a Thursday in August and ending back in Nashville on that Sunday?

Since we have 3 and 1/4 days, we should have plenty of time. What do we need to see? Best places to stay? Gas? Biker Joints?

I did a quick search and found a few threads, but could use some more help here. There will be about 8 bikesin total.

I already know to watch your speed and to carry NO firearms....

Thanks,

Silverdawg...

Old 07-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Nadil
Road Warrior
Default RE: Natchez Trace Parkway Ride

With that much time you should be able to travel all the way to Natchez, MS. and back. Wish I was joining ya'll. I've been from Jackson to Natchez and back several times and is a very nice ride.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Uncle Fester
Tourer

I'd really love to ride the Trace sometime soon.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:27 PM
MSgtJoe
Tourer

I've ridden the trace once so here is my input.

1. Fill up BEFORE entering the trace
2. Bring plenty of water to drink
3. Although The Loveless Cafe is an icon for food, I have never been impressed. For the money, I prefer Waffle House!
4. There are numerous campgrounds along the trace so if camping is your thing there you go
5. This link is one of the best on the trace I have found http://www.scenictrace.com/

On my first ride, I started at 9am and got back to Nashville at 5:30pm. The scenery is wonderful, the ride quiet and serene. The other bikers you meet on the trace are very friendly and the stops along the way are very relaxing. If you carry XM.Sirius radio reception is pretty good along the trace.

Enjoy the ride!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The trace is a great ride. Beautiful scenery and good roads but most of all is is a Federal reseveration thus patrolled by Federal police. The speed limit in most areas is 50 mph and is strictly enforced. Never, and I mean never, speed. If you get a ticket it is a huge deal. You have to appear in Federal Court and the fines can be huge. Trust me on this. I had a good friend get a 53 mph speeding ticket and it was a major pain. With that said enjoy the ride as it is beautiful just don't speed. The scenery is worth slowing down for anyway. Did I say don't speed?

Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 AM
69z28
Road Warrior

If you carry you might want to leave it.It's against the law on Federal property.Even though many do it's a big chance.It's a GREAT ride and you'll enjoy.Go on to Natzhez and hit the high spots,and there are many.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,823 Likes on 802 Posts

Cool to hear about this, I'm supposed to be riding some of this road on Thursday.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Philip1228
Cruiser

I have done it from just below Vicksburg to Natchez and it is very nice. In Sept. we are going on a 6 day ride to the Dragon then cutting across Tn. and coming home via the Trace. Like many have said slow down and enjoy. One thing I noticed at least on the south end is there is not anything commercial on the trace itself so it helps to know all the exits for food,gas,etc.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I have rode the Trace from Nashville all to way to Natchez. If you do a lot of sightseeing you can do it in less than two days. We spent the night in Jackson, Miss. on the way down, and were still in Natchez, Miss. for a late lunch. We ate in Natchez at a place at "Natchez Under the Hill". Pretty pricy, but there was a lot of history. There are some antibellum homes in Natchez that you can also tour if you are into that sort of thing.

After you do the Trace one way, you can get on a more open highway to get home.

Bill

Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
jimmyz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch out for animals!

Quick Reply: Natchez Trace Parkway Ride