General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boycotting HD

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Roadbandit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boycotting HD

The lemon law will help with warranty issues concerning manufacturing defects and poor workmanship.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:06 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Roadbandit

The lemon law will help with warranty issues concerning manufacturing defects and poor workmanship.
Very good point. I am starting a case against Ford for my 2004 F-150

Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM
alexcue
Road Master

07 Ultra, well i won't say i haven't had issues. Bike ran real hot, 5th gear whined, she pinged on hard throttle and 6 gear wasn't much fun below 70mph. Got a PCIII, (along with Oil Cooler) bike cooled down, 5th gear is just a short hop to 6th which sounds great at 75mph, played with timing a bit and ping is pretty much gone (have to wait till it's real HOT, to make sure). Even my SE slip-ons have gotten just the right amount of rumble for me and the misses after 10,000 miles.

Personally i won't boycott them, but here's hoping that you get your problem resolved. I know it probably sucks to have to live with a problem, some say you don't have []

Old 07-17-2007, 01:28 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your not going to get a dealer to dyno your bike for this noise anymore so go to an Indy.Get him or you to get bike to make this noise and tell me if you still think its your tranny making the noise,if it sounds the same or as loud as you can hear while riding?.If youre going to fight this thing at least make sure you know where noise is starting from?Ask your Indy what he thinks?take a camcorder with ya!Trannys havent been failing,engine have been.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:24 PM
officespacedout!
Banned

I've got an 07 Street Bob and I think coming from a service background I see your problem... See we can't compare these to a Honda, Ford, Sony or a Toaster because it is a high priced luxury item! you need to look at it like it's a Porche, corvette, fully restore/hot rod 67 Camero designed by Chip Foose... Do you see my point yet?You see when you buy a high end sports car or hot rod they need ALOT of tlc and Maintenance, the cost of maintenance on a Porche is about 10k a year (give or take) because you the owner ask for a car that puts out alot of performancein turn thecar asksyou for tlc and maintenance and you can bet it COSTS MONEY.
The same thing goes for Harley owners... you can't expect to buy a Harley and not have it in and out of the shop. You can bich and complain all you want about lemon laws and customer service or warranty protection that is non exisitant but in the end... you will pay for it... in the end! The moral to this story is "if you have to ask how much... then it ain't for you!"
You can blaim your generation for that... yup the baby boomers are fully responsible for jacking up the costs of Harley and making them a hard to get and hard to own!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 PM
streetboob
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: officespacedout!

you can't expect to buy a Harley and not have it in and out of the shop.
Says who? I took my 89 Sportster to the shop once in 9 years, only cuz I fugged up and pinched a wire on my regulator.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM
V2K
Intermediate

Tell me you're not seriously trying to compare a Harley to a "highend Porsche or hot rod"?!? Harleys are barely adequate in the performance spectrum of motorcycles. Bone stock they are the motorcycle equivilent of a '60s VW. That's part of (most of?) the charm for a lot of Harley owners. A large part of the appeal is the simplicity factor.Trying to compare a Harley to a high performance anything is ridiculous. They aren't designed to be high performance. They are designed to be cool (no pun intended) and simple. They shouldn't require any tweaking to run correctly right out of the box and theyshouldn't require anymaintenance TLC beyond the normal oil, filter, belt check kind of stuff. Buy it, start it, ride it and have fun. That should be all there is to it. For whatever reason, more than a few '07 owners are having problems and the MoCo has decided to pretend there isn't a problem.That's not right.

To the OP,coming on here and expecting to get a boycott going is ridiculous. In case the you didn't notice this is a PRO Harley forum. Besides that it seems that the lemon '07s are hit and miss. For every dissatisfied owner you can find 5 that are well pleased with their new bikes. The only solution is to keep hounding the dealer and H-D until they make it right. Failing that hire a lawyer.