General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Genuine Halcyon aviator goggles or similar

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
halcyon
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Genuine Halcyon aviator goggles or similar

Hi guys,

I actually work for Halcyon, I have for the last 15 years and really liked the feedback on the goggles in this thread. Thelawdoc, I assume that you have an average sized and shaped nose, so I can only imagine that for some reason one of the old dears who stitch the leather had an off day. They are all hand stitched by the same ladies that have been doing them since I have worked here, I keep telling the boss he needs to get some young attractive ladies in, to replace the pensioners but he won't listen Seriously though, they can stitch them to accommodate the rider, so if you did want to dig them out and have the mask corrected or replaced for a small fee it would be no problem.

As for our US dealers we do have some, but over the years the quantities we distribute has dropped a lot due to our manufacturing costs making them unviable to sell at wholesale prices. The amount of operations and processes required to produce our goggles is unbelievable, and the finishing costs to polish the frames to a mirror finish and chrome plate a Mark 49 is probably the same as it would cost a Chinese manufacturer to knock a complete goggle up. There is however no comparison when it comes to the quality of the product and we take pride in the fact we make them the same way as they did 50 years ago, even with the same sowers (nah they are not quite that old)

If I can be of any more help, please let me know.

I really like the forum by the way, I may enquire about a sponsorship contribution, if its within a budget, and if I do I will offer you guys a discount code which will help towards the postage to the states.
Simon

Halcyon Classic Parts
00 44 1920 486032

Old 01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
SteveBB
Intermediate

I've had good business dealings with this company:

http://www.flightsuits.com/open_goggle.html

Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This company has them, they are out of Katonah NY.

http://www.flightjacket.com/store/Se...?CategoryID=27

Old 01-08-2008, 01:48 PM
jankowb
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.nanninigoggles.com/biker.htm

I bought from these folks but the googles do not fit properly with a helmet on.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:15 AM
halcyon
Stage IV

Monsterdeluxe, That site you linked (flightjacket) is selling one of the worse chinese made copies of the Halcyon goggles, I wouldn't advise anyone gets one of those.

Davida is one of our largest distributors and they have a lot of customers in the State, here is a link to their dealer list

Old 01-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Pure
Intermediate

I'd recommend the Halcyon goggles to anyone.... I'm in the UK so don't have the postage concerns you guys have, but having said that, you shouldn't let that put you off. The quality is worth it. The leather padding on the face is so much better than foam or synthetic material. If concerns need easing about the fit I have a big old nose and the goggles fit fine. That may be due to the fact I've got quite a small head so they ain't stretched out at all.

I spoke to a chap called Andy directly to order over the phone and specify what I wanted... Vintage Aviator with brown leather and black frames. They were made up and sent out within days so that I had them before Christmas. Excellent customer service and excellent product.

I'm thinking about picking up another pair for the summer. The black on brown is to match a B3 style sheepskin bomber jacket which is way too warm for the summer.