General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley Dealers closing in your area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 12:45 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

West Coast Harley in Salinas CA has closed.

but then again the owners have Morgan Hill, san jose, SF, and whatever else they own in the Bay Area

Old 11-07-2020, 09:15 PM
junkyardscrounger
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I noticed the dealer in Springfield Ohio has closed.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:36 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 564 Likes on 394 Posts

all kinds of businesses are closing. I’m sure the winter will take a toll on at least one of the 5 dealers near me.

Old 11-08-2020, 11:37 AM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,022 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
Why are they doing that? Sad! Waiting to get emails from any of the 4 dealers in my area. I can't imagine why the MoCo needs 4 dealers within 40 minute drive of each other.
Well....This year 3 closed in lower Wisconsin, and northern Illinois. Another two or three consolidated in the Milwaukee area. No one got emails. Dealers wont advertise a "going out of business sale" if you had your bike in for service or storage, you got a phone call and were told to pick up your bike in a week. Don't hold your breath on that email. lol!

Old 11-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Hdbigblue
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default We lost our local Dealership

August of this year we lost our local Harley Dealership in Phoenix,Oregon to the Almeda fire. D&S is a staple of our community, and has been a family dealership since the 1970's. There is no dealerships for 150 miles each way. They vow to rebuild and we all hope sooner the better, and rise from the ashes. It's sad the Company didn't even send condolences to the family when it burned down.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Michael Haz
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 34 Posts

It isn’t just Harley dealerships that are closing. Where I live (Wisconsin) there is now just one BMW dealership open in the entire state. One closed last year, and another has announced it will close at the end of this month. The one that closed last year was the largest dealership in the state and was located in the most populous part of the state.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:58 AM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,747 Likes on 2,796 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Haz
It isn’t just Harley dealerships that are closing. Where I live (Wisconsin) there is now just one BMW dealership open in the entire state. One closed last year, and another has announced it will close at the end of this month. The one that closed last year was the largest dealership in the state and was located in the most populous part of the state.

Is the one that is still open Tytler Cycle just south of Green Bay of 41?

The following users liked this post:
Michael Haz (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 11:59 AM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,747 Likes on 2,796 Posts

Originally Posted by Hdbigblue
August of this year we lost our local Harley Dealership in Phoenix,Oregon to the Almeda fire. D&S is a staple of our community, and has been a family dealership since the 1970's. There is no dealerships for 150 miles each way. They vow to rebuild and we all hope sooner the better, and rise from the ashes. It's sad the Company didn't even send condolences to the family when it burned down.
Honestly if I had to travel 2+ hours to get to an HD dealer, I'd most likely just sell the bike. I rarely go to a dealer, but when/if I needed one, I wouldn't travel over 2 hours. That's just me.

The following users liked this post:
HiDrag (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 12:57 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,022 Likes on 523 Posts
Cool

We are going to have to travel a little more to get to a dealer unless you live right on top of one. I have said it here before. The warmer more temperate climates will have more dealers, due to the year round riding ability. Parts and service will be needed. Dealers having trouble starving through winter on an annual basis is not a good business model. Some dealers have a pick up service within limits of course. I would check with your dealer before you sell the bike. That's how I roll.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:09 PM
junkyardscrounger
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I noticed the only Kawasaki dealer in the Dayton area closed too.

Quick Reply: Are Harley Dealers closing in your area?