General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcyclist found

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:42 PM
dastark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motorcyclist found

Just glad they found him alive. Hard to believe in this day and age he didn't have a cell phone though.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

ok I live about 10 miles from HWY 12 and I never heard about this till now

am glad to see they found him and he was alive

Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
michaelbarry
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dastark

Just glad they found him alive. Hard to believe in this day and age he didn't have a cell phone though.
Why? I don't have one..

Old 07-12-2007, 09:18 PM
jethro001
Tourer

Happy that everything worked out for the guy.....sad to say I have seen many times where a person is on the side of the road in trouble and the police just cruise on by...wonderexactly what there real job description is.....apparently not protect and serve...eh. I also can't imagine not having a cell phone.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Everytime I hear about something like that, it reminds me of this short film.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...all+motorcycle

Watch it to the end.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 AM
92classic
Banned

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

ok I live about 10 miles from HWY 12 and I never heard about this till now

am glad to see they found him and he was alive
Same here, Never heard a thing til now.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The wife told me about this today.

ANd with all the trees in the area it's no surprise they couldn't find him.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:15 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1pchmotoho

ORIGINAL: Crazy Biker

Writing tickets is more profitable, actually helping people isn't.
Your kidding, right?
nope, I am sure he is not. the 150k I lost in 8 hours in one store of mine and the helpful cops who got full info of one thief who was on one of two stolen bikes from me from that same robbery. the guy could not remember where he got the bike form (less then ayear before) and they did not so much as get a name from the guy to give to Nevada before takig the bike.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:17 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jethro001

Happy that everything worked out for the guy.....sad to say I have seen many times where a person is on the side of the road in trouble and the police just cruise on by...wonderexactly what there real job description is.....apparently not protect and serve...eh. I also can't imagine not having a cell phone.
Gee,did all these people you saw being passed by that were off the side of the roadwaving the cops down so they could see them. I've never seen that once in the small metro area I live in (4.5 million). I can tell your just another cop basher, like you really know what's alwaysgoing on. Give me a feakin' break. Wait until you really need one, then lets hear the tune you sing then. Oh wait, I forgot, they will probably cruise on by and leave you stranded along the side of the road like they do everybody.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:41 AM
sgt joseph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: edilgdaor

I haven't seen this posted yet.

A motorcyclist was found two days after going off of Hwy12 ( I heard one report that he hit a rock ) in California. The wind positively howls across the road and it can be a pretty intense ride, especially when a big rig goes by in the opposit direction. He had two broken legs and couldn't get back to the road.

Now the thing that pisses me off is supposedly CHPsays theysearched by air and by ground and said they couldn't find him or his motorcycle, yet the man's family cartered a chopper and found him in thirty minutes ( when I first got pissed, the report said it was tenminutes ).

I hate to be unfair to law enforcement, but how many tickets did they manage to write while this guy was laying on the side of the road with two broken legs ?

I know it's unfair to be critical, but it was just awhile ago something like this with a car happened in Oregon. A They found a missing couple's car about ten feet from the road a couple of months after they'd been reported missing. A caller called 911 and reported the car going off and told them where.

DO they actually even look ? What would we prefer they do, rescue people and be heroes, or write tickets ?

Man this sounds harsh, I know. For some reason this really pisses me off.
Of course they look ! Many factors come into play while doing searches.....Weather, logistics, GOOD INFO ON WHERE THE PERSON WAS GOING ] Etc.....I was in the civil air patrol for awhile....Even the time of day you do the search can hamper things.....Light up in mountans, and passes etc can REALLY throw shadows, which can hide something from view.....And 10 minutes later you fly by the same spot.......BINGO......Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't.

Quick Reply: Motorcyclist found