General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the brake flasher setting you use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 05:15 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
I'm limited because my bulbs are incandescent [not LED], but this is mine:

Nice! I want the center light to flash and the turns just to get bright when the brake is applied. I think I need to make the flasher last in line instead of the run/turn/brake module to make that happen.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:32 AM
Zonktified
Tourer
Received 216 Likes on 109 Posts

I currently have my CD Magic Strobe set to 5. Fantastic addition to the super bright LED Pro Beams. Investment in safety features is a no brainer in my book.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:37 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,214 Likes on 599 Posts

Mine does 4x flash then solid for a few seconds and then 4x flash again to solid.
I saw a guy the other day who was running continuous flashes, it wasn’t as annoying as I thought it might be but it was also daylight out at the time.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:39 AM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 245 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Nice! I want the center light to flash and the turns just to get bright when the brake is applied. I think I need to make the flasher last in line instead of the run/turn/brake module to make that happen.
You can use our Triple Play run/brake/turn module -- it has a strobe built in with selector switches that allow you to turn the strobe function on or off for the turn signal circuits and the center taillight. So you can have the run/brake/turn on the turn signals *without* having them flash/strobe, while the center taillight *does* flash.

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
The following 2 users liked this post by Custom Dynamics:
SixDD (07-24-2019), soldierbot (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:46 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Nope, no special connections necessary. With the following, it literally is a disconnect the line to the brake light [not Tourpack} and place this in the middle [https://www.customdynamics.com/magic...touring?cat=61} Then select your flash pattern from, what I recall, 10 choices [6 or 7 of which require a substituted LED brake light. The Tourpack is already LED's. There is an additional harness that joins in the Tourpack. Sounds to me, if you want to omit the Tourpack, just don't get that additional harness.

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 11:29 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Zonktified
I currently have my CD Magic Strobe set to 5. Fantastic addition to the super bright LED Pro Beams. Investment in safety features is a no brainer in my book.

I just installed a CD Pro beam tailight (the one with the light pipe design) and that thing is super bright!. Makes the lectric design led taillight that was on there look like a joke.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:07 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

I just installed a CD Pro beam tailight (the one with the light pipe design) and that thing is super bright!. Makes the lectric design led taillight that was on there look like a joke.
Yes, but is it so bright it makes you taillight appear pink? The problem I've run into is that I'd like to change my brake-light to LED. However, to avoid the red lenses appearing pink, I'd have to switch from a white incandescent to a red LED. No problem, however, my sock bulb serves a dual purpose of lighting my license plate thru a white lens and my brakes thru a red lens. Thus, my brake light may be brighter and remain in compliance, but my plate light would be non-conforming. Just enough reason to get pulled over.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:54 PM
kcfocust
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

1 Sec Flash, 1 Sec Solid, 1 Sec Flash, Remains Solid

Old 07-24-2019, 01:22 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Running CD's ProBeams front and back with the TriBar. Have my Magic Strobe set at 7 strobes then solid. Getting ready to install a set of their low profile Bagz lights this weekend.

Can't beat their lifetime warranty and customer service.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 245 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Yes, but is it so bright it makes you taillight appear pink? The problem I've run into is that I'd like to change my brake-light to LED. However, to avoid the red lenses appearing pink, I'd have to switch from a white incandescent to a red LED. No problem, however, my sock bulb serves a dual purpose of lighting my license plate thru a white lens and my brakes thru a red lens. Thus, my brake light may be brighter and remain in compliance, but my plate light would be non-conforming. Just enough reason to get pulled over.
All the ProBEAM taillights use bright red LEDs for the run/brake lights, but we make a version that has white LEDs built into a top window to illuminate the license plate -- so there's no risk of a ticket.

https://www.customdynamics.com/categ...lights-fillerz

The following users liked this post:
sailmotion (07-24-2019)

Quick Reply: What is the brake flasher setting you use?