General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nearly 900 drivers suspended in wake of deadly motorcycle crash in New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 10:06 PM
oldsoldier181
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 14,586 Likes on 4,795 Posts

I didnt read this thread, but I live in MA, and I will give you a little insight into Erin Deveny.
Erin became head of the RMV in 2015. She has been very vocal, in the past, about giving illegal immigrants in this state a license (and, working for a PD, I have seen this). She has been criticized for that, for reinstating licenses from OUIs that should not have been reinstated, and generally for pushing her progressive views while appointed head of RMV. She is also an attorney. She was head of DCS, which, while under investigation in 2015, she was conveniently appointed to the RMV head. She is completely against reporting issues to ICE, and has made that statement, publicly, twice (at least).
As it stands right now, the DA should be going after her for criminal negligence. The families of those killed, are going to be suing her for failing to do her job. I do not know if she still has an active license to practice law, but I would suspect that she will be going in front of the state bar shortly for that.

She is also rabidly anti gun. The irony of this is, of course, that she has now killed more people than any of my "assault rifles" have.

The following 6 users liked this post by oldsoldier181:
cficole (07-07-2019), DanHappy (08-23-2021), kngpn (07-06-2019), n1oty (07-07-2019), Roadghost (07-06-2019), Walter White (07-08-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-06-2019, 10:09 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,577 Likes on 10,773 Posts

Originally Posted by oldsoldier181
I didnt read this thread, but I live in MA, and I will give you a little insight into Erin Deveny.
Erin became head of the RMV in 2015. She has been very vocal, in the past, about giving illegal immigrants in this state a license (and, working for a PD, I have seen this). She has been criticized for that, for reinstating licenses from OUIs that should not have been reinstated, and generally for pushing her progressive views while appointed head of RMV. She is also an attorney. She was head of DCS, which, while under investigation in 2015, she was conveniently appointed to the RMV head. She is completely against reporting issues to ICE, and has made that statement, publicly, twice (at least).
As it stands right now, the DA should be going after her for criminal negligence. The families of those killed, are going to be suing her for failing to do her job. I do not know if she still has an active license to practice law, but I would suspect that she will be going in front of the state bar shortly for that.

She is also rabidly anti gun. The irony of this is, of course, that she has now killed more people than any of my "assault rifles" have.

WOW!! What an update.

I was born and brought up in MA as well and am sooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY I left!!!! F them ALL!!!!

Old 07-06-2019, 10:11 PM
oldsoldier181
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 14,586 Likes on 4,795 Posts

To touch on a couple of comments:
Yes, people here still drive on suspended licenses, or none at all. A very common thing for illegals to do here is, buy a cheap car, put insurance on it, register thew vehicle (they dont need a license to register a vehicle), get their plates, cancel their insurance. And then drive until they get pulled over. Car gets impounded, we dont arrest them for driving without a license (because the courts simply dont care), they get a summons, and are released.
Then, they do it all over again.
As to OUIs, at one point, MA was VERY serious about it. These days, not so much. We arrest, court tosses cases. My record for seeing OUIs so far is 22 on one person. And, needless to say-they dont have a drivers license. But, that doesnt matter.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Roadghost
Road Warrior
Received 632 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by oldsoldier181

Well it all fits together now. There's a blasted liberal behind it, trying to get immigrant votes by handing out illegal licenses. Crazy man. Just absolutely crazy. She belongs in jail.

The following 3 users liked this post by Roadghost:
blap (08-23-2021), DanHappy (08-23-2021), Walter White (07-08-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 12:02 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 832 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
If MA is like CA, suspended drivers just keep driving.
I suspect it is that way every where. Some are better drivers. Buddy after 2nd dui, was perfect driver, waited to see other guy turn, used blinkers, ECT, perfect driver until 3rd.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 53,079 Likes on 18,563 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
In these parts we have a term for Massachusetts drivers. We call them "Massholes."
We have to be careful about names. What will they call illegals with NYS driver's license? (Just passed and signed into law)

Sad that guy was still on the road because of inept government workers. I bet no one gets fired.

Last edited by Walter White; 07-08-2019 at 11:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DanHappy (08-23-2021)
Old 07-08-2019, 12:03 PM
One Wire
Road Captain

Received 360 Likes on 213 Posts

****ing amazing. Erin Deveny should be held criminally responsible for the deaths. This **** happened under her watch.

The following users liked this post:
DanHappy (08-23-2021)
Old 07-08-2019, 12:03 PM
One Wire
Road Captain

Received 360 Likes on 213 Posts

Weird, it blocked out "****" in ****ing, but allowed **** to remain...

Old 07-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 18,297 Likes on 10,101 Posts

Isnt new hampshire the "Kooky Bernie Sanders" part of the U S A ? "Feel the Bern"... Any where that elects that schlub has issues, same with A O C's district.

Old 08-22-2021, 11:44 PM
Daedalus1066
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

If I were you I would first spend money on riding classes then take some bikes out for a ride find what feels good. Then get your butt into the saddle and ride.