General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frogg Toggs

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Frogg Toggs

Okay I know I havent been here in a looong time but I had to come back and share this. Frogg Toggs SUCK!!!!! I 've read on these forums that some of you have them and swear by them, well good for you. Because in my experience they are poorly made cheapo crap! On the way to bike week the shoulder of mine blew out. Ill admit that when I told a dealer down there about it he replaced it. Then last week I wear them and I only went TWO BLOCKS before my whole crotch was soaked! When I got home I searched the crotch and leg areas of my "rain" suit and found no tears or holes. Therefore the water mustve just been soaking through!!! Ive worn my Frogg Toggs twice and they have failed me both times! I dont NEED three strikes two is enough for me! I guess Im gonna have to bite the bullet and spend the bucks for an HD rain suit as much as I hate to! One of my riding buddys has one and it has been great for SEVERAL VERY rainy rides. Guess Ill pray for sunny skies and wait for a sale [:@]

Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Frogg Toggs

frogg toggs are made here in Guntersville, Al. the material was originally designed as one time use for hospital operating room staff. i don't think they advocate using them for motorcycles. guntersville is on the largest lake (TN river) in alabama and one of the best big mouth bass producers in the country. fishermen and hunters swear by frogg toggs. i have them because one of the local riders works for them. they are not my favorites as you do get wet (no explanation known) in a heavy rain. they can be had here locally for $20 a set.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ape,

Welcome back, haven't seen you in quite awhile. I have toggs also and am not impressed. My buddy bought a $30 rain suit at walmart in the hunting section and it works great on his bike. If your ever around Newnan we should hook up. Great South's HD in Newnan is having it grand opening this week.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin, my wife and I wanted to try Frogg Toggs but decided to go for rainsuits we found at Wal-Mart. 30 bucks each and they work just fine. Dry as a bone after riding in a steady rain for about 45 minutes.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good to know about the Toggs. I had been curious about them, but now will pass.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I'll third suits from WalMart. I have been using the Stearns rip stop nylon suits from there for several years. They come as separates, so you can get a bigger top/bottom if you need it. The jacket packs down in it's own pocket. The pants come with a small stuff sack. They have kept us dry during some real down pours. Every year or so, I spray some Camp Dry on them to help keep them water resistant.

I like them because of their small pack down size. This is a pic of an XL set next to a pint bottle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/E622B772B99A45F798E95A29D63E077A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/9E0C25FCC9FA4E5F99D296C761B2DE12.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I use the HD two piece Gore-Tex rain suit. Expensive, but works great.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a case of ,,, " you get what you pay for", I recon

Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ive had the wal-mart suits as well. On a long sustained hwy trip in the rain they will not hold up if you dont have a wind shiled or fairing. and especialy not if ya have ape hangers!

Ill be at the Great South HD grand opening in newnan on Saturday. It's my birthday maybe theyll gimme an SE springer for my bday!!!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Tourmaster rain suits for years and I've never had a problem. Even when I had to ride through Hurricane Floyd from South Carolina back up to Virginia (military don't play with "weather" excuses). I have the older Elite II model so I can't speak to any of the new models.

Quick Reply: Frogg Toggs