General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frogg Toggs

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 PM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Frogg Toggs

Yup you use them a lot and stay dry but is that your bike in your signature pic? An Ultra with lowers on? Try wearing Frogg Toggs on a bike with no windshield and 16" ape hangers!
As for whether Fross Toggs are maketed for bikers do an ebay search for Motorcycle rain gear and see how many of those crappy frogg toggs pop up!

In summation Frogg Toggs SUCK! They rip at hwy speeds unless youre behind a windshield or fairing and the leak at the crotch and who wants wet *****?!?!?!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

Okay I know I havent been here in a looong time but I had to come back and share this. Frogg Toggs SUCK!!!!! I 've read on these forums that some of you have them and swear by them, well good for you. Because in my experience they are poorly made cheapo crap! On the way to bike week the shoulder of mine blew out. Ill admit that when I told a dealer down there about it he replaced it. Then last week I wear them and I only went TWO BLOCKS before my whole crotch was soaked! When I got home I searched the crotch and leg areas of my "rain" suit and found no tears or holes. Therefore the water mustve just been soaking through!!! Ive worn my Frogg Toggs twice and they have failed me both times! I dont NEED three strikes two is enough for me! I guess Im gonna have to bite the bullet and spend the bucks for an HD rain suit as much as I hate to! One of my riding buddys has one and it has been great for SEVERAL VERY rainy rides. Guess Ill pray for sunny skies and wait for a sale [:@]

Frogg Toggs are a generic Tyvek material. Dupont Tyvek was designed with small pores that resist passing moisture and dust. Sweat vapor is smaller than water droplets and will pass through. It was never intended as a waterproof material, only water resistant. Never designed to soak in it. Water soaks in through the stitching unless it is sealed. I have used the Tyvek suits in commercial work and know it's limitations.

Frogg Toggs will melt to your pipes.

I bought the Harley 2 piece for $120. Got a 20% dealer discount during an open house. I have used them several times and stay dry as a bone. The legs unzip and velcro up to the thighs if necessary. They have heat shields on the pants legs. I carry them in my saddlebags at all times.

I would spend any amount to stay dry in the rain storms I have ridden through.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:59 AM
fbhawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think Frog Toggs are tops for bikes but they are the best for fishing. Anyone that doesn't use heat resistant material around exhaust is an accident waiting to happen. Ever seen plastic burn around a log in a campfire? We can't even use plastic lined paper tableclothes in the restaraunt industry anymore because they basically heat shrink if ignited by a candle or cigarette.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

That's not the standard product in the website. The featured suit likely is much better than most of us are used to and discussing here.

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

ORIGINAL: huffhuff

frogg toggs are made here in Guntersville, Al. the material was originally designed as one time use for hospital operating room staff. i don't think they advocate using them for motorcycles.

I think they DO, otherwise they wouldn't have a photo like this on their website:

http://www.froggtoggs.com/catalog/page05.htm

Old 07-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Harleygal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought our rain suits from Nelson Rigg and they work great! We bought the mid-priced set and always carry them in the saddle bags.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GAGirl

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

Ill be at the Great South HD grand opening in newnan on Saturday. It's my birthday maybe theyll gimme an SE springer for my bday!!!!!
We plan to be there too, later in the afternoon. Best of luck on getting that bike.

All the Tour Master products I've bought so far I've been really impressed with. Have their Coretech mesh jacket, winter riding gloves and their women's rain suit. Haven't used it yet, but I expect it to perform well. Someone else said that rain suits are great for riding in on windy chilly days as they are warm and will definitely keep the chill off.

Eric, are you joining the Helen ride this Sunday? Are you planning on being over at Great South at all on Sat? Wish I could afford to get the pipes I want as I could probably get a discount if I set it up then, but I've been hemorrhaging $$$ for the past month and am about out.
Icame down with pnuemonia, hopefully by Saturday I will be better. I will be at Great South layer in the day if I feel better. No go for Helen