General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frogg Toggs

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM
JohnC88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frogg Toggs

I'm guessing that at that price, the Walmart suits are PVC? Sweat like a pig in them?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't even think about your apes. I bet they add alot of wind pressure that most rainsuits would never get with stock handle bars.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

Ill be at the Great South HD grand opening in newnan on Saturday. It's my birthday maybe theyll gimme an SE springer for my bday!!!!!
We plan to be there too, later in the afternoon. Best of luck on getting that bike.

All the Tour Master products I've bought so far I've been really impressed with. Have their Coretech mesh jacket, winter riding gloves and their women's rain suit. Haven't used it yet, but I expect it to perform well. Someone else said that rain suits are great for riding in on windy chilly days as they are warm and will definitely keep the chill off.

Eric, are you joining the Helen ride this Sunday? Are you planning on being over at Great South at all on Sat? Wish I could afford to get the pipes I want as I could probably get a discount if I set it up then, but I've been hemorrhaging $$$ for the past month and am about out.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: JohnC88

I'm guessing that at that price, the Walmart suits are PVC? Sweat like a pig in them?
Not yet. Haven't had to use them in a "warmtemperature?" rain yet.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My crotch always got wet with my toggs. the leak is in the stitching at the crotch. I complained to Frogg Toggs about it and they sent another pair. Same result. What I found out; my passenger doesn't have the problem. 1. because they are sitting behind and protected. 2. the seat does not slope down creating a puddle area at the crotch like the rider seat does. Toggs are great if you don't sit down.

Yup, I bought a pair of HD suits. The HD suits have served me well and don't get burned. My toggs got a burn hole from my pipes.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Silverearl
Road Captain

I have the H-D suits and have worn them many times and they still work great. The only problem I have is putting my big feet in the legs when my boots are wet. Other then that I would swear by them. Also my lady has them also and she also has had no problem with them. The only thing I can say is in the summer when it rains it does get hot. But if you wear a long sleeve you will be find. I have got many a mile out of mine and over 70 mph and still not a problem..

Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: huffhuff

frogg toggs are made here in Guntersville, Al. the material was originally designed as one time use for hospital operating room staff. i don't think they advocate using them for motorcycles.

I think they DO, otherwise they wouldn't have a photo like this on their website:

http://www.froggtoggs.com/catalog/page05.htm

Old 07-11-2007, 02:52 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnC88

The suits that I use are ripstop nylon.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well it just goes to show you, I've had very good luck with mine, yes one needs to be careful when wearing them (leg away from exhaust etc.) but so far so good.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i and my wife have had great luck with Frogg Toggs. We use the high top, wader lowers rather than the pants type. never have experienced any leakage. I especially like them because the breathe, and i don't sweat in them. Use a set of HD rain (boot) gaiters that slip over my riding boot. they got quite high and prevent the Frogg Toggs from hitting the exhaust. used them a lot, and have always remained dry.

Quick Reply: Frogg Toggs