General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis experience?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Sturgis experience?

There will probably be a bunch of Sturgis threads popping up, but I figured Id fire this at you all. As luck (and some planning) may have it, I may be able to go to Sturgis. I was just wondering if some of you who have been there might be able to answer some questions.

1. Are there places to camp and if so how much a night? Are there any free places to camp?
2. Realistically, how expensive is it at that time? Should I expect beer/water/food to be priced at a premium?
3. How much should I worry about my bikes safety? Would it be a good idea to bring my brake disc lock for when Im away from the bike for a while?

Thanks and Im really looking forward to being able to go!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Sturgis experience?

1. Are there places to camp and if so how much a night? Are there any free places to camp?
You can camp everywhere. 100's of campgrounds Don't know of any free places but I have seen people just camp in the woods along side the roads.
2. Realistically, how expensive is it at that time? Should I expect beer/water/food to be priced at a premium?
It is not expensive like going to a NFL game or the movie theater but prices are a little higher.
3. How much should I worry about my bikes safety? Would it be a good idea to bring my brake disc lock for when Im away from the bike for a while?
I have been there every year for the last 17 and I have never had a safety problem. I don't use a disc lock but if it makes you feel safer then use one. Just don't park your bike in remote areas. Really no different than any other rally but with all rallys there are those that will prey on others. Smart = Safe Hope this helps.