General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serialized Production 105th Anniversary (UPDATED)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Serialized Production 105th Anniversary (UPDATED)

If you check out the Anniversary Ultra it has a plaque with 000/000 to identifiy the limited prodcution. eg. 015/150 to roll off the production line. So since the plaque only goes to the hundreth position, (000) and this being the 105th Anniversary, does that mean they will only make 105 Anniversary Bikes in each of the various models? Theoretically they could go to 999, but that wouldn't make as much sense as 105/105 now would it? If in fact the production is limited to 105 units (per model) then it would make those bikes more rare than the '03's (100th Anniv). I would expect the dealers to mark those bikes up substantially if that is the case. Check out the video: http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p;locale=en_US

Old 07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
JLION
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Serialized Limited Production 105th Anniversary

See your 'earlier' post.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:45 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

What's your problem? I saw your comment to me from a different post. If you don't like my posts then don't read or reply to them. In other words,bug the F off! [sm=loser.gif]

Old 07-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,320 Likes on 6,129 Posts

I see by your sig pic, that you ride an 03 anniversary model. Is it worth more than an 02 or an 04 of the same type? I doubt it. The MoCo made so damn many of them, I was starting to get sick of looking at them. I really think H-D makes these "Special" anniversary models for people who think they will be more valuable than other bikes. If they make 50000 of them, how "Special" are they really? Not trying to bust your *****, just my opinion.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:49 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: boe1971200

I see by your sig pic, that you ride an 03 anniversary model. Is it worth more than an 02 or an 04 of the same type? I doubt it. The MoCo made so damn many of them, I was starting to get sick of looking at them. I really think H-D makes these "Special" anniversary models for people who think they will be more valuable than other bikes. If they make 50000 of them, how "Special" are they really? Not trying to bust your *****, just my opinion.
I see your point. Of course I don't consider a motorcycle an investment in the first place. If I like it I buy it...that simple. On the other hand, if I have something that I like equally well and the other option is say a limited edition <fill in the blank> then it might sway my thinking.It'san absurd argument to make that a bike which is only 4 years old would be worth much more...if any than an 02 or 04. It's still to new. I'm not making that argument. What I am saying is that in several years time, there will be fewer of them around which would possibly make them more valuable or at the very minimum retain their value. Question, what does a good 1960's muscle car sell for today? A GTO, Barracuda, SS Camaro, etc.....those were all production cars which were a dime a dozen and made in much larger numbers than the Harleys are today. I saw a nice clean Dodge Challenger, 1970 I think sell for $60k recently. That is about $52k more than what they cost new. So in that case there was appreciation. Anybody who has an '03 is not likely to sell it to you for cheap. Check out Barnett, HD in El Paso, Texas. They have several online, some which have mileage less than 5k. They sell those for what an '07 sells for today. If the 105th Anniversary Bikes are limited in numbers (which I believe is the key), then there is no doubt those bike will be worth more in time. Supply and demand will do the rest.

At the end of the day, HD does it to sell more bikes. It's all about profit and selling more bikes. The fact that there are those types who buy them to collect them, doesn't hurt either.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the 03s sold for 18 months so there should be a few around.
I have an 07 and have been pleased with iy

Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

It's not what they sell for...it's the asking price...there is a sucker(RUB) born every minute..HD diminishes any incremental value by this whorish marketing ploy.
Do they think we are all stupid!
Example, what reallypisses me off is this women, supposedly related to the founding fathers of the MoCo, who sells her dam book at every HD function. Saw her in Seattle at the bike show and then again at a recent dealer opening. These people have no shame...they are the worst kind of ******. Camp followers!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: johnny canuck

It's not what they sell for...it's the asking price...there is a sucker(RUB) born every minute..HD diminishes any incremental value by this whorish marketing ploy.
Do they think we are all stupid!
Example, what reallypisses me off is this women, supposedly related to the founding fathers of the MoCo, who sells her dam book at every HD function. Saw her in Seattle at the bike show and then again at a recent dealer opening. These people have no shame...they are the worst kind of ******. Camp followers!
To answer your question, YES! They do think we are stupid. We get up on our soap boxes and preach the virtues of the HD brand and how allmetrics suck, then we all line up with our money in our left hand and our right hand over our a s s, hoping they don't screw us too hard when we buy their product. Invariably they do anyway. Then after gettingthe bike home, wetry to consol ourselves with thethought, "it's a Harley, it's a Harley". Only then do we realize as we're putting our baby to bed for the night....that son of a b i t c h is leaking oil in my garage. Nowthe funbegins, becausewe have to go back to thedealer who was our best buddy the night before and tell him about the problem. Except now, you're a past sale and not a paying customer, because you do want this repaired under warranty, right? Now you wait a week or more while the bike is repaired. We go to sleep each night pouring over the fat accessories catalog and brochures as we drift off to sleep with visions of Harley's dancing in our heads. Sound familiar to anyone? As Forest Gump would say, "Stupid Is as stupid Does."

Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

HD has numbered anniversary models in the same way before. 80th, 85th, 90th and 95th Anniversary's, and 30th Anniversary ElectraGlidecomes to mind. Then there was the limited edition Dayton, and Sturgis models. Don't look for them to be worth a dime more than any other used motorcycle.

If you want a motorcycle, get what appeals to you and ride it. If you want an investment try art, real estate, or the stock market.

Bill

Old 07-11-2007, 07:55 AM
dave7mm
Cruiser

tda69
Not much difference between a metric V-twin and a H-D these days anyway.H-D motor cloths have been chi-com for years.The number of parts on your EG made by commies is much increased than just a few years ago.H-D will more than likley always assemble here in the US.
But the chi-coms will be making most the parts before long.
The chi-coms will be our new masters.Its only a matter of time.
dave[sm=usa.gif]

Quick Reply: Serialized Production 105th Anniversary (UPDATED)