General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar rope thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Shanebo
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BluesStringer
I've been a perennial hang-around with a small local club for goin' on three years now. I never noticed if all of 'em have GBWs, but most of 'em do, and yes, they're all the same and they are all braided out of the club colors, which happen to be blue, black and white. I asked the Prez one day if the colors mean anything and he said yeah they do, but he wasn't gonna tell me unless I decided to probate. That's cool sez I, but I was jus' wonderin' if you realized that your colors are the same as the blue line flag patch that the local cops all wear on their chests. I notice weird things like that. Prez jus' laughed and said he was gonna steal one and fly it as his own colors on the next run.

I don't guess hang-arounds are usually permanent fixtures with clubs. I don't really know, but there was a kind of "fate" thing that brought us together. I thought seriously about probating with them but decided it wasn't for me. In the interim, that fate thing served to make us good friends, so I still hang around. I would never put a GBW on my bike, whether or not I probated or eventually patched in. That ain't for me either. But I literally couldn't give a **** less if anyone else does sport one on their bike, or if it's on the left side or the right side, or if it's thought by them to be a weapon or a decoration, or if it smacks them or their bike in the wind, or any of that stuff. I believe that government should make actual freedom legal, which it ain't in this country by a long-shot. But I expect of my friends that they accept and extend freedom to everyone whether everyone is doin' what they'd do or not.

Blues
Is it Probating, or Prospecting?

Old 05-02-2019, 03:52 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,165 Likes on 6,705 Posts

I dunno...it kinda fits the Urban Dictionary definition of a Douche Nozzle.

1) The underappreciated apparatus of the Douche that actually does the stinky work. Attached to the Douche Bag.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 832 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
I have seen videos online of people getting their windows busted out. Not sure by what but something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I6Vm1m4Bxc
You are a fool if you fuc with a car when you are on a bike IMO.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Zerk
Banned

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
For all of you who poo on the idea of the whip, I use mine more as a "I'm here so don't pull into me, in front of me, or into my lane" whip, and it has done THAT job well, MANY times!! I've watched cars ahead of me starting to move over into my lane as I'm coming up to pass them, and then "whip" back over into their lane (pun intended), allowing me to go by them peacefully and without incident. It's the movement of the whip, back and forth, up and down, that gets cager's attention, as anything moving in your peripheral vision does for you, too (it's a survival of the fittest thing), and THAT is the reason I have one on MY bike, so cars won't run me over or pull out into or in front of me. It really doesn't get caught in moving parts on the bike, as some suspect, because the speed of the wind pulls it almost straight back, though I have had it beat against my arm/shoulder with a strong side wind. When you slow down, it just drops to hang straight down.
So they don't notice you moving towards them on a bike, but see the whipping flapping in the breeze?

I dunno.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 PM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by FxdwgGuy
the title says it all.
Less than a week on the Boards and 5 posts and you think you got Mi3ninos figured out?

LOL

Haole

Old 05-02-2019, 05:31 PM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanebo
Is it Probating, or Prospecting?
The club I referenced calls it probating. Way to pick up on the primary subject(s) of my post. 👍

Old 05-02-2019, 05:49 PM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by HAOLE
Less than a week on the Boards and 5 posts and you think you got Mi3ninos figured out?

LOL

Haole
I'm not so sure that y'all picked up on which "title" he was referring to. Pretty sure he was trying to draw attention to what he titled his own post, circled in red below.

I don't see this ending well for the newb.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:53 PM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,611 Posts

I'm not so sure that y'all picked up on which "title" he was referring to. Pretty sure he was trying to draw attention to what he titled his own post, circled in red below.

I don't see this ending well for the newb.
Yah I saw it .... Hard to see such disrespect in the Cyber world .. keyboard commandos and cyber muscles abound. Funny how folk are usually more respectful in person

Haole

The following 3 users liked this post by HAOLE:
BluesStringer (05-02-2019), RANGER73 (05-02-2019), SWFLGuy (05-02-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Zerk
Banned

The club I referenced calls it probating. Way to pick up on the primary subject(s) of my post. 👍
Is that just how the prounounce it down there?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
Is that just how the prounounce it down there?

Hahahaha

Quick Reply: Handlebar rope thing